“this is a hidden gem”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 22, 2013

forget everything you have heard about food courts and the food. I had heard that this place in Faneuil Hall was good, but after our disappointing experience at Regina Pizzeria we were reluctant to try another food court restaurant.
Are we glad we did. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. I ordered my clam chowdwe in a bread bowl. The bread was fresh and the clam chowder was tasty, hot and excellent.
Put this on a must eat here place when you visit Boston, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

During my recent trip to Boston, I ate several times at Boston Chowda in the Prudential Center Food Court. I tried the Lobster Bisque, Plymouth Corn Chowder and the Crab and Butternut Squash Bisque. All were excellent and a bargain at $3.99 for a 8 oz. serving (this is their small size). Twice I ordered their special which was a small chowder of your choice, a classic grilled cheese sandwich (which was huge, made with rustic Italian bread) and a beverage for $6.99. Such a deal! They have many other choices, including melts, wraps and pot pies. The staff was very friendly. Great choice if you are looking for very good food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

On our first snowy and cold walk in town (about 1.6 miles), went to Faneuil Hall and experienced this Chowda and Lobster Bisque! Warmed us up and was very good! Picking a favorite chowda in this town is always based on personal taste. This is creamy, though not as creamy as some others, and has more distinctive touch of clams and potatoes. Wonderful!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our trip to Boston and we really enjoyed the food..On the day we ate there, Boston was having a snowstorm so we were very cold and looking for some good hot soup.. We both had the New England Clam chowder which was very good and I had a Lobster Roll sandwich that I have to say was the best I ever had..We were served quickly even though there was a line and we will eat here again the next time we are in Boston..

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We happened upon this food booth quite by accident while touring the area.
Since it was lunchtime when we entered the building we were already in the mood for something warm and tasty. These folks really put a delicious bowl of chowder together.
The thick chowder was full of tender clams and had a wonderful consistency.
Our only regret was that we did not have time to make a return visit.

Been to Boston Chowda? Share your experiences!