“Great Tasting Chowda :) in the Sourdough Bowl.”
Review of Boston Chowda

Boston Chowda
Ranked #96 of 3,393 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The New England Clam Chowder in the Sourdough Bowl was one of the best tasting clam chowders I have had in awhile. Lots of clams and very creamy and rich. The sourdough bowl was an added plus and very filling so plan on this as a meal. Service was quick. Would definetly go back if ever in the Boston area again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Even though the line may be long, the lobster roll is definitely worth the wait! On a hot summer day I skipped the chowder and enjoyed a lobster roll featuring large, chunky lobster nestled in a delicious pretzel roll. Usually I forgo the hot dog buns that are served with lobster rolls, but this was as enjoyable as the lobster. Definitely worth the calories. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I can't believe that I'm giving this place a 3 stars but...

We did a pit stop in Boston today, just to get some chowda and lobster rolls. Driving from VA to Maine had us pretty tired, but this kind of food is definitely worth it. The restaurant is in a food court in Quincy Market. We loved the atmosphere and energy of the place. We ate standing up in the middle of the hustle and bustle, and it was awesome.

We had the lobster roll and clam chowder. I loved the clam chunks of the chowder but I felt that it was a bit too watery. I've had some chowder in my days and this felt like something from a frozen food market. The lobster tasted a bit dry and I felt like the roll of the bread made up 75% of the sandwich. I probably caught them on an "off" day. I'll check out the lobster & chowder in Maine this weekend, to see if I was wrong.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved the haddock pot pie - sumptuous! Since it was served in a bowl, it seemed like it might be a small portion but it was quite sufficient for a light dinner.

1  Thank rimjhim1
Reviewed May 10, 2012

LOVED the lobster bisque bread bowl. Was worth the wait in line. Lively and friendly staff. Personally the best bisque in Faneuil Hall.

Would recommend for the bisque. Haven’t tried anything else there.

1  Thank declue

Been to Boston Chowda? Share your experiences!