“The hot pot here is amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Q Restaurant

The Q Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chinatown
“The hot pot here is amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recently went to the Q Restaurant with my family. We first attempted to go on a Saturday night. Despite calling ahead 30 minutes when we got there we were told it was going to be another 45 minute wait. Since I had my 2 year old with us we decided to go back for lunch the next day. I'm sure glad we went back. We got the hot pot a la cart and picked all the meats and veggies we wanted. My family loved it and my daughter especially since she felt like she was cooking. This place has the best hot pot I've had in the area and we will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hudson, New Hampshire
“A lot to like.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Q is more than just going out to dinner- it’s an entertainment venue where the patrons are the stars. The concept was completely foreign to us but the extremely friendly staff walked us through the process and kept a close eye on us. It’s fun, interactive and tasty experience that I highly recommend. The bill for four of us, with two beers and two wines was only about $100. Not bad for downtown Boston!

• Visited March 2013
Toronto
“delicious and very well priced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My partner and I went there in February 2013. Ordered a split hot pot to share. There wasn't enough meat for my man's appetite, so we ordered and extra plate of rib filet. It was delicious and the waitress was extra attentive, and very helpful in giving us hints on our order. She was bubbly and funny, made the whole experience a lot of fun.

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect for Boston winters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We've been here four times, twice while visiting to look for apartments and twice since we've moved here. This is absolutely the perfect food when it's freezing outside.

I'm pretty lukewarm on the Melting Pot concept but this is a thousand times better. We always do the split hotpot with the spicy Mala broth on one side and something milder (like the Mongolian broth) on the other. We prefer the Angus sirloin but the other product were tasty too. The meat and veggies are so flavorful after soaking in the broth for a little, and it's nice that you're able to spoon some of the broth into a bowl at the end. It's filling and so delicious.

I tried some of their sushi, which I really like but it is a bit Americanized, if that bothers you (still tasty and fresh). We really like their calamari appetizer, and really have yet to have had anything that we wouldn't try again. The best deals are during their lunch hour, but it's reasonable for a weekend dinner also.

The only thing I would prefer would be quicker drink refills. With the spicier broths, rapid refills are a must! Otherwise, the service is generally pretty good.

• Visited January 2013
Natick, MA
“New Family Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife returned from a trip to Inner Mongolia, extolling the virtues of their hot pot cuisine so we tried to find a restaurant to take our 11 yo daughter. We found Q, easily found on Washington St in Chinatown, with easy parking next door ($6). Everyone, from the owner to the staff are exceptionally friendly and eager to please. The food is outstanding, fun to dip meats and vegetables in the oils and watch them cook so quickly. The prices are very reasonable--try the 2 for 1 appetizers are the bar before 7 p.m. When we returned for a second visit several weeks later our waiter remembered us, nearly recalled our order, and made us feel special. One final suggestion: if you like avocados, try their avocado smoothie!!

• Visited February 2013