“good location nice rooms and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Charlesmark Hotel

Charlesmark Hotel
Ranked #61 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Petach Tikva, israel
“good location nice rooms and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Came to the hotel in cold cold Boston and got a warm welcome. The location is perfect with great access to public transport and the middle of Boston. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The included breakfast was more than enough to take you through half the day even without ordering more. The staff was as helpful as any I have come across. All in all, not a bad word to say about this small hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The CharlesMark is a fantastic boutique hotel with great room amenities and fantastic location. It has a European flavor with a comfortable bathroom and cute furnishings to optimize the space. Lovely bar with excellent cocktails has a menu for the next door Thai restaurant. Can't say enough good things. Very convenient access to the subway (Copley station is closest) and excellent restaurants on Boylston Street and surrounding neighborhood.

1 Thank Kristen T
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Recently stayed at the Charlesmark for two nights. I was thrilled with my entire experience there. The location is excellent, the room was immaculate, and the service was some of the best I've experienced in some time. I travel a lot for work and this is probably my favorite hotel so far. The stay felt a lot more personal than other hotels because of the size of the hotel. I spent the majority of my time working in the city and I cannot understate how nice it is to come back to a clean room and a friendly, helpful staff. Great rates and definitely a hidden Boston gem!!! Plan on going back very soon...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this awesome boutique hotel on a long layover from Iceland back to home to DFW. We always stay in this area and if you take a look at the prices of hotels in Boston they are cheap. This hotel was in a perfect location and the price was very reasonable! When we booked this hotel I was a little skeptical but since we were only going to be there for one night I was okay with it. To my surprise it turned out to be the best little gem we found! We took the T from the airport to the hotel and the station we got off at was literally steps away from the front door! The room had everything one would need to be comfortable even a mini-fridge! We will be staying here again when we make our way back to Boston!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ginger C
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here three nights. Could hear every movement of guest upstairs. Would not recommend. That is the complete summary and review of this hotel, I am just writing more to meet the minimum required characters for a review.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room?
1 Thank Conor S
Damariscotta, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Found the Charlesmark while searching for hotels in Boston as I was headed down there for a show. I had lived in Boston years ago, so I knew about the Copley, Lenox, etc, but the Charlesmark was new to me. They had great rates, the rooms looked nice, and the TripAdvisor reviews were positive ;-) so I booked. What a treat! Superbly located right downtown in Copley Square, the hotel was easy to get to from South Station. The staff was friendly and though at 40 rooms, the hotel was pretty small in all regards, it was well appointed and tidy. I was on the 6th floor which was nice - great view down Boylston to the Pru - and no one over my head. I don't stay in a lot of hotels in major metropolitan areas often, so I would describe the decor as appropriately urban. Real tile in the bath and shower area, clean lines, monochromatic color scheme, etc. I had a queen room, so the bed was adequate for my wife and I and though the room was quite small, it didn't feel crowded. It would not have worked if my 8 year-old had been with us, but that is a moot point! The bar/lounge on the ground floor were nice and accommodating, though they looked better in the dim light of evening with a cocktail than in the harsh light of day, but we didn't spend a lot of time indoors. For a weekend, it was reasonably quiet, though there was pronounced street noise until midnight, but hey, you're in the middle of Boston, so that can't be a complaint. The area around the hotel felt safe, tony Newbury Street is a block away, so even walking Boston Common at night felt fine. I drive in Boston plenty, but I was glad I left my car at home. The only parking is in area garages which might be fine (though expensive) if you can't make other plans, but really, the subway is SO easy, it doesn't make sense to drive. I will definitely stay at the Charlesmark again.

Room Tip: Unless you are traveling alone, go for the Queen room. Ask for top floor if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert C
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a two night stay at the Charlesmark in early January.

The location is convenient, less than 10 minutes walk from Back Bay station (we caught an Amtrak train from NY) and the subway station is also directly across the street, a great way to get around in the cold weather. Check in was fast and friendly, our room was clean and looked to be quite freshly renovated? Check out was great, one of the staff even ran outside in the heavy snow to make sure we could get a cab, this was really appreciated.

Breakfast was basic but enough to get you started for the day, make a coffee, read a paper and check the news on the TV's in the lounge area. The "Pour House" a few blocks away is a cool bar with nice food (cheap too) if you're chasing a quick meal.

Would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple