Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Bites of Boston Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews south end meatloaf sandwich flour bakery great tour cheese shop elephant walk food stops walking food tour spend an afternoon food establishments three hours local history highly recommend this tour interesting facts booked this tour fun afternoon wealth of knowledge
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The South End- with its rich history (very much a part of Boston's overall history) and its mish mash of cultures- provides the perfect back drop for a leisure Sunday! First the food: with 6 stops you get to experience everything from the classic fried clam to a Venezuelan style plantain wrapped in bacon dish! With just the right mix of sweet and savory and with each dish being just the right food-to-walking ratio, Alyssa (who was a great tour guide) kept us satiated and satisfied the whole way through! Now the history: Without providing many spoilers, you will discover some of Boston's crazier history (like where there is a mass grave downtown) to its modern history (why a place that use to be a series of islands became a very complete metropolitan city)!

Again, as aforementioned, the walking is not torturous at all and with ample scenic stops along the way, it keeps the experience intact!

Thanks Alyssa!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are new to visitng Boston or have been there several times, Alyssa gives the ideal tour of the South End of Boston. Plus, the food is fabulous! Eat plenty of food, learn interesting facts and have a great time with your family, friends or colleagues on this well-run tour!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I live in MA my first formal opportunity to discover the South End restaurant scene was everything I expected and more. Alyssa, the company's owner, is simply amazing: she is well versed in the restaurants, the culture and history of the area, and is simply delightful. This isn't my first food tour, so I know exactly what to look for. The samplings are sufficient to get you through lunch and each spot was carefully chosen to provide a good variety of options. Our group of 3 had fun, learned a lot and ate well. You will walk about 2 miles all together in the 3 hour tour at a leisurely pace.

I can't wait for her to develop a different food tour in another Boston neighborhood. This is the real thing; book it now!

bitesofboston, Owner at Bites of Boston Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Mr. Gelhs,
Thank you for your thoroughly positive review of the tour - it was a pleasure to have the 3 of you join us last weekend. We are thrilled you enjoyed your afternoon in the South End and we will be sure to let you know when a new tour route becomes available!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This tour was really amazing! My boyfriend had purchased tickets as a Christmas gift, and it was the PERFECT gift. I grew up in a suburb of Boston and have lived in Somerville/Cambridge for the past couple of years, so I am fairly unfamiliar with the South End. The tour introduced us to some restaurants we will definitely be going back to AND we got a great history lesson of the area! Don't expect full meals at each spot -- you get samplings, so plan accordingly.

Our tour guide, Alyssa, was full of energy and knowledge. She provided us with a lovely afternoon. I plan on doing this again sometime with other members of my family!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We took this food tour as an something to do in Boston on our recent anniversary weekend there. I surprised my wife with this activity, knowing that she loves food, restaurants and cooking. The tour was great. We got lucky with the weather, and it was a beautiful day. The tour guide, Alyssa, was very knowledgeable about Boston and the restaurants we visited. She was friendly, and knew just what she was doing as she guided us along the tour route. HIghly recommend this for a fun afternoon activity.

1  Thank LoveTwoMunch
bitesofboston, Owner at Bites of Boston Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of the tour! It is always fun to have fellow New Englanders on the tour and we look forward to seeing you again - maybe even at the summer concerts in Londonderry!