“Good meat.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: Located in Back Bay/ South End
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Had an entrecote. Very tasty. Nice waiters - though it was a bit confusing that there've been two waiters at my table at the same time - like a team? :) Doesn't matter. If you like pork, this is a place you can go. Mixed customers, nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Hagen B

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place was suggested by friends as a bar to meet before going out for a meal. The beer selection is excellent and changes frequently, which I know since we ended up going twice in two weeks. The platters of meat and cheese are tasty and beautifully presented. If you are a fan of the far side cartoons, make sure you visit the restrooms which has walls covered in them. I am a huge fan and found myself reading lots of them, probably much to the annoyance of people waiting to come in after me! There is outdoor seating which is great and the only requirement is that you order a small amount of food to be able to drink out all night! Not really a problem as the platters go so well with alcohol!

1  Thank merlincryst
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Definitely enjoyed the staff-fun but courteous. Great service ! we had a pizza and some of the special drink concoctions. Loved the atmosphere, trendy but not. Wish I could have gone back again. Recommend.

1  Thank Cathy333P
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Salty Pig: Wish we could have ate outside but it was raining. I love the look and layout of the restaurant though, and enjoyed inside just as much. Our service was fine, but we got there right when they opened so it should be. We started with a Bloody Mary (I’ve got to try them ever where I go). Terrible, no condiments, no spicy flavor (was kind of sweet), it tasted watered down, and was a ridiculous $10. If you are looking for an excellent Bloody Mary, go to Whiskeys nearby. That said, the food was quite good and made up for it! The Beef Tongue Rueben was delightful – the only thing I’d change would be to add more tongue – so delicious (if not gross sounding). The sausage pizza was an Italian style pizza– thin crust, thin sauce, spots of cheese. We added red peppers to it to give it a little spice. It was very tasty. If you like really cheesy, thick crusty meaty filling pizzas, this pizza is not for you. The food took a while, but watching the cooks I could tell they really take their time trying to create the perfect meal. Overall, very good, though a little pricey.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We found the service, ambiance and the food excellent, we went off our waiters recommendation and had cold cuts to share mmmmmm.My only misgiving is the fact that under the law you can only have one beer at a time-not sensible! I usually buy my drinks in two's and I was anxious to try the beers they had on offer,all excellent,but I only had three instead of my usual six. Sometimes I drink whisky and beer,I wonder how they get around that one? I would advise you to book as it gets busy,and rightly so.