“Very good place for brunch”
Review of The Salty Pig

The Salty Pig
Ranked #100 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: Located in Back Bay/ South End
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Interesting menu with many pork dishes. Everything we sampled was very good. Service was great. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came here for dinner while at a conference and loved it!
We dropped in with no reservation and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We stood in the bar for a pint while we waited for a table. The bar was busy (Wednesday night) and the atmosphere was lively. They have a great selection of beer.
When we were seated we ordered a appetizer platter that was delicious! It had a great variety of pork done in all sorts of ways and was swerved with bread. I was a little hesitant - unsure of what was what - but it was all good.
We chose pizzas for our meal, and tried 3 from the menu - each were scrumptious.
I couldn't say a bad thing about the place. Even the Larson wallpaper int he bathroom was fun.
And it was really reasonable!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a small place on a corner, easily overlooked, but stick with it and track it down. Its a small space on a corner with some outdoor seating available.

Okay, charcuterie is a fancy name for deli cuts. But oh my, this is not your grandma's deli!

The menu has clever items such as "The Salty Pig", "The Cured", "The Offal" and other items.
I had the Cured, my husband had the SP Cuban. Also ordered the Hybrid 20.

The Cured is served on a wooden board, beautiful fresh spring greens down the center, little cup with chunks of a yellow hardish cheese, and gorgeous deli meats decorating the outside of the board.
OMG I died and went to heaven!

The bitter from the greens, the sweet nuttiness of the cheese, the saltiness of the cured meat, the crunchiness of the freshly browned bread, I nearly swooned from the scent and sight. Beautifully presented, but its not just beautiful, its delicious and delectable. I am not ashamed to admit, I nearly licked the board.

The husband ordered the SP Cuban. He was rather impressed his Cuban came pressed, a step most places seem to forget. The chips WERE DELICIOUS.

The Hybrid 2.0 one of the best cocktails I have ever been served.

The husband went back the next day (because the SP is so good he had to get in another meal!) and had the Monte Cristo sandwich. He reported the sandwich was excellent. The jalapeno jam was a vast improvement over the normal jam served with this sandwich.

Husband tried a signature cocktail, the OG, he declared "it was good!"

The bathrooms were clean, but I did get distracted reading the cartoons on the wall.

Would fly back to Boston just to eat at this place.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I ate here in August and had the best meal of the week. Food and a great beer made for a grand combination. So I went back a second time while on a business trip last week and had another great experience. Oh and buy a t shirt for $10.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while visiting the Copley Square area and it was a great find. The menu is not very extensive, but the items we ordered were creatively prepared and very very tasty. They had a good selection of beers on tap and we were able to taste some regional brews. The prices were very appropriate for the fare. I'd definitely go back - a great place for a casual meal.