“Out of This World! Five Stars”
Review of The Salty Pig

The Salty Pig
Ranked #108 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: Located in Back Bay/ South End
Southport CT
“Out of This World! Five Stars”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in ages. Pickled ramps on pizza? Rillettes on garlic toast? Split bone with roasted marrow? Pisco Sours with eggwhites? They had to pry us off the banquettes and ask us to leave - we can't wait to go back!!!!!

Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
South London
“Very good brunch!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went here for brunch last Saturday morning before catching the train to New York from Back Bay station. The restaurant is just opposite the station and does brunch on weekends. My brother and I both had the 2 eggs any style with bacon, home fries and toast and it was excellent. The bacon was delicicious and the eggs and the home fries were tasty and cooked perfectly. The highlight though I have to say was the thick slices of brioche toast. And all for only $10! We had the same breakfast in the South Street Diner 2 days earlier for the same cost and there was no comparison. The staff were also very friendly and eager to please. We were among the first through the door and the restaurant soon filled out creating a nice, endearing atmosphere. My only regret was that I never got a chance to sample the main menu for an evening meal. On my next trip to Boston it will certainly be on my list!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank nezza28
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
“Interesting restaurant”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Finding the entrance was a bit difficult, but that was our fall back. The staff was welcoming and informative, explaining the beers and other beverages. The open kitchen was pretty nifty, you can see the chef's preparing food orders. The restaurant is fairly dark, being painted predominantly black and grey. The menu is simple and comical upon first view, though the pricing is a bit confusing at first. Pricing isn't to bad, one person could eat well with a twenty bill, not including beer or spirits. They do not have a full liquor license though.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Stellar food done with a unique flair”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Salty Pig does a lot of different types of food (charcuterie boards, salads, pizzas) extremely well. The chef is clearly an avid experimenter with the restaurant's host of nightly specials being some of their best items. The waitstaff is incredibly helpful helping the charcuterie novice put together a board of tasty edibles. Also, like many good Boston area restaurants, they have a great selection of craft draft beers. The one thing limiting this restaurant from receiving five stars is the daunting menu style for the newcomer. There is no real explanation for how to order the charcuterie boards and the prices are just steep enough (think expensive end of tapas, $7-10 per item) that you really don't want to make a mistake. What our group finally did that made the most sense was to get a small board (1 meat, 1 cheese, 1 side) for an appetizer and then order one of their pizzas for three to share (the pizzas are huge for gourmet pizzas). This worked perfectly, and I would order similarly the next time I go back.

• Visited September 2012
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Very convenient lunch location across the street from Back Bay T Station”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This location has seen a lot of restaurants come and go over the years. I was never sorry to see any of them go. I work in the area and go to lunch here several times a month. I did dinner once. The food is consistently very good to excellent. They used to have a better variety of sandwiches; it has become rather boring lately and there are never any sandwich specials. Don't get me wrong: the sandwiches are excellent; however, there are only so many times you can choose among five options that never change anymore. Their pizzas are excellent. My favorite is the mushroom with the farm egg. You can add another egg for like $3 (do it!). The beer selection is very good. They feature some serious craft brews and the selection is constantly rotating. Overall, I give this place 4.5 stars. I'm rounding down only because I am starting to get bored with the sandwich options for lunch. Maybe they will update them soon for the Fall season.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jonmatt4nr

Been to The Salty Pig? Share your experiences!