“Great place for drinks, food was just ok.”

The Brahmin American Cuisine & Cocktails
Ranked #1,189 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: The Brahmin is Bostons newest and hottest eating and drinking destination. Renovated space to resemble a brownstone home you can relax on tufted couches or wing back chairs, gleaming chandeliers, private dining area and private room on lower level. Overall feel of elegance and class yet not stuffy or pretentious. very inviting fun dinner atmosphere with live djs at audible levels and a variety of share plates to keep you entertained. Open daily from 1130am-2am. Reservations not required but recommended.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place for drinks, food was just ok.”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I went with my friend to dinner here. I really liked the atmosphere, I would definitely come back here for drinks. The food however was average. The best thing we got was the gnocchi, everything else was just ok. The presentation of the food was nice. would also recommend getting more small plates than the
main dishes.

Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Social Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Social Sunday Brunch

I came here for the Social Sunday Brunch put on by Crawl in Boston.
Let me start out by saying it was really fun and I would come back to try the dinner menu but what a disaster we had on Sunday!

We had a 12:30 reservation, they could not seat us and finally brought up a folding table and put the 8 of us in a corner by window, which actually turned out nice; we had our own little private dining area. I do not think they were expecting the amount of people that showed up for not only brunch but for the drinks and DJ. Our food took forever, we didn’t get it until after 2pm and they messed up on many of the dishes. I do have to say though my veggie omlette with goat cheese was delicious and the potato fries were the best, nice and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. The other orders were totally messed up – the French toast came with syrup, which was ordered on the side, the burger came with cheese even though she said NO cheese, two sandwiches were way over cooked, burnt rolls as was a second burger. A few of us enjoyed the meals. The drinks were not that strong at first. The home fries are actually tater tots, which are breaded ! (I ordered no toast with extra ‘home fries’ because I have a gluten allergy but obviously they didn’t know what I was talking about, luckily I do not have a server allergy and was able to push them off the plate).
Our waitress was great, a little slow but not her fault on her second day of an overly crowded and under staffed restaurant. I think the management needs to better run (we did get compensated for the mishaps) but still they need some help.

All in all we had a great time, we just didn’t appreciate waiting so long for our food.

• Visited January 2012
Cambridge
“Excellent new small plate restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Food is really good with ample servings for tapas style plates. The scallops were tender and a bit spicy, shrimp fabulous, short ribs fantastic. Atmosphere is sophisticated funky with nice jazz in the backround. Service was attentive. We really liked this place and will be back. Only quibble is the $17 valet parking. It should be subsidized for $10.

Manhattan Beach, California
“Risotto Please!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Came here for a friend's birthday dinner and it was delicious! Everything everyone ordered looked like something I wanted to try. As stated in the previous review, the ambiance great- classic but not over the top and would be great for a date or night out with the girls. The drink menu isn't bad either. ;)
The food was great! The menu is such so that you can get small plates and make a meal or share, or have a full entree instead. I had the Scallops & Sweet Pea Risotto and would definitely recommend. I also have on good authority the Mac & Cheese is great too.

• Visited September 2011
Boston, MA
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My fiance and I came here for my birthday and we were more than impressed. Not only is the ambiance fantastic, but the food is delicious. The menu is different than most other restaurants in that most plates are made to share. We ended up having a 5 course meal starting with a salad and ending with a sandwich. In between, we had the tomato and mozzerella plate (so fresh and delicious!), chicken skewers with lime and cilantro dipping sauce (his favorite) and truffle macaroni and cheese (my favorite). The best part about this restaurant is that the service is impeccable (our server was Tiffany) and you do not feel rushed to get out of there. They serve each course to order and it was a nice way to just relax. I must say the food is also very reasonably priced. We had a BuyWithMe coupon and wanted to make sure we used the full value...but because there were two of us and everything was so cheap, we were having trouble creating a combination where we could fulfill the coupon's entire value! This place is great for date night or meeting up with friends. The bar area is also very expansive and I'm sure would be a night hotspot also. Definitely going back in the enar future! Enjoy!

• Visited September 2011