“quick and cheap-ish”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here with a friend on a spur of a moment, walking around. Saw a sign for ramen on the outside and decided to try it out. Decent sushi, decent ramen. Participated in the amex small biz weekend so had a slight discount. Regular prices were on higher side, but this is in a prime location.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I came here as a last minute decision and I am so glad I did! We were seated downstairs which was quiet and trendy looking. Our server was a doll! I wish I remembered his name so I could commend his great service on here. Anyways, he suggested the most delicious strawberry cocktail which I loved! I had the chicken terriaki salad which was perfect not too salty or overpowering, I ate every bite. As for the sushi rolls, oh my, they were so good we had literally no left overs which is quite good considering it usually does not take much for me to be full. All in all I would absolutely come back and bring friends. The snappy sushi name is probably because the prompt and quality service! Way to go!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Having has a few meals in this cozy city I decided to go ethnic (my ethnic group) for a change. Don't get me wrong. I love steak and salad but sometimes I crave some Asian cuisine. Walking past this corner small restaurant on Newbury a few times I didn't feel attracted to it. However, I asked the local shop assistants (G Star and Aesop) for a nice sushi and they all recommended this little restaurant. So, I went on Fri lunch and was seated downstairs. A little claustrophobic but cozy and warm. The menu is small but the daily lunch special was good value. I chose the $9.95 lunch Box,which is really a small plate of a few pieces of nigiri rolls. Not really enough. So I ordered a pork char siu ramen - noodle in a broth. Very delicious. The next day I went back for more sushi. This time I had the spicy lobster ramen after the lunch box. The lobster bits were really the claw meat. But the broth was very good. Not too spicy if you are not sure if it would 'bite'. Actually very mild. Don't let them put you at the bar counter if you prefer a more comfortable seat. Ask to be seated at a table and they always let you.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good food made this an excellent place to stop for lunch. I had the tuna rolls and an order of California rolls, both of which were great.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I strongly recommend the Spicy Crispy Shrimp Tempura Roll! It's really good and not as expensive as I expected since it's on Newbury.