“Pleasant Stay”

Best Western Plus Boston Hotel
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed here for two nights with a few girlfriends. The front desk staff was super helpful and awesome! Breakfast can get crazy but it's worth the wait. I took food up to my room when there were no seats available. I can't say anything about the area as we just jumped into a cab but I had no problem with where the hotel was located. Our room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2010

OK, its a bit out of Boston requiring a taxi ride or shuttle into Town.

Can be a bit noisy sometimes outside due to wretched sirens.

However, its has got to be the best Best Western I have ever stayed in, and I am actually writing this in their business centre (free) because I am am staying there right now.

The breakfast is very good, the suites are absolutely excellent with AC, two TV's large bathroom.

It is without doubt stunning value for money, and particularly in Boston which is extremely expensive.

I am from UK, and hotels there are generally expensive. This is not, and I would honestly recommend it to any Btit's coming to Boston.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Overall, outstanding value for money for Boston.

Keith Reynolds

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and chose the hotel because it had free parking (great!) and a reasonable price. We found the room quite large, although I would not call it a "suite". You get the impression, that the room is a bit grabby but actually it was quite clean. The shuttle service was a hoot though, cause every time we called for it, they said it would take about 10 minutes. This meant: 2 or 40 minutes, but never 10 :) Still, we could always hop on the shuttle in reasonable time and the drivers were friendly. The hotel's location is not more than 30 minutes in walking distance to the Subway or the city center (e.g. Prudencial Center, Public Garden). Because our guidebook pointed out it is not safe to walk in this area after dark, we always took a cab or the shuttle. A Bus stop is only 5 minutes away though.
A downer : there was construction work right below our window (starting around 10 pm till somewhat after midnight I think) and we had a hard time to fall asleep because of the noise...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
roundhousegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Nisli,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I appreciate the comments. I am glad that you were able to utilize our shuttle service during your stay. The traffic in Boston at times changes the shuttle times, I apologize for inconvenience. We are proud of our hotel and the staff works hard to keep the Best Western Roundhouse clean and inviting to all guest. We hope to see you again on your future travels to the Boston area.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

First of all, this hotel is not in a good neighborhood. Don't stay here if you want to do a lot of walking around at night. They do have a free shuttle that will take you to local transportation stations, but the driver does expect to be tipped. Room was spacious and clean but there were no curtains that fully shut which REALLY bothered me since people from the business behind the hotel could see in our room windows (we were on the first floor). I didn't find the front desk staff very helpful, but the woman running the free contenential breakfast was very nice, and the breakfast itself was extensive and a very nice bonus. All and all it was ok, but...the neighborhood made it a pass for me on any future visits to Boston.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank AuburnFamilyTraveler
roundhousegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Dear AuburnFamilytraveler,

I want to thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Roundhouse Suites in Boston. I am pleased that you enjoyed our courtesy shuttle during your stay. The shuttle service we offer also goes to Prudential Center which is a great area of Boston. Our continental breakfast is one of many free amenities we offer here at the Roundhouse, I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. We do offer black-out in each and every room of the hotel which are located behind the curtains and the sheers. I will let my staff know to make them more visible. I thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

We arrived in Boston and after much searching found a room with two double beds in the Best Western. The hotel is on the south side and has easy access to the centre by train or taxi. The receptionists were so helpful and one lady particularly ( sorry cant remember your name) was like the tourist information centre all on her own! She printed out whale watching tour tickets that would save us money and gave us plenty of great tips. Thank you.
The room we were allocated was spacious and although we were sharing with friends, there was enough room. Breakfast was a bit of a bunfight but was adequate to start your day. Overall, for Boston this is a fair priced hotel with great access and clean rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
roundhousegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2010

Dear LymingtonHaw,

Thank you so much for your great review. The staff here at the Best Western Roundhouse Suites strives for excellent customer service. It is a pleasure to know my staff provided you with great service. I want to thank you for recommending our hotel to all your friends.

Should your future travels bring you back to the Boston area please consider the Best Western Roundhouse Suites. We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights for a 1st time experience of Boston. Were not told when booking, that the airport shuttle [$16 for 2] had to be reserved 24hrs in advance, therefore had to pay for taxi to the hotel. Not a great start but kudos to the manager - we received the fare off our 1st nights room rate.
Were upgraded to 6th floor suite w.r.t. being B.W. rewards member which meant one could order minimalist continental breakfast items to be delivered to the room from a card to be hung on the door handle the night before.
The room was quite comfortable, a mini suite with a separate bedroom, 2 TV's, mini bar fridge, microwave and coffeemaker and ensuite BR. King bed with duvet nice, however only the sheer bedroom curtains would draw closed which made sleeping a bit difficult as the street lights shone into the room.
The complimentary continental breakfast [coffee, tea, juices, cold hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels/bread via the slowest toaster known to man, yogurts, oranges/apples and some breakfast pastries with a self serve waffle maker Sun] was quite adequate but seating limited - easy to take tray up to one's room.
Complimentary internet near elevators with 2 computers and free printing was nice touch. Available internet connection in one's suite.
The complimentary shuttle to T-stops and major shopping centre was helpful - most of the drivers were quite pleasant and helpful.
The main drawback to this hotel was the location - on the outskirts of town in an industrial setting with only MacDonald's and a pizza joint across the street. Had a 10 min walk to the nearest bus stop to then access the subway and downtown/attractions.
Would be worth the extra cost to stay closer to Boston central and avoid the extra time/hassle of buses and subways back and forth esp evenings for dinner.
Nothing to do around this hotel in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
roundhousegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Dear Hal45,

I want to thank you for the positive review you recently posted. I am pleased to hear that the shuttle drivers were helpful and pleasant. We have expanded out breakfast area and opened more seating at the lower level of the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Sharon Beaumont
Best Western Roundhouse Suites

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our family came to Boston for a mini-vacation. Our travel agent recommended the hotel and we looked at the website for it. The website made the hotel look absolutely marvelous! Nothing like it really is! First, the neighborhood was scary! We were not comfortable walking anywhere--we really were not close to anything so walking was not even a good option! We tried to walk to one of the T stations but turned around when a couple of Boston residents told us we were in a bad part of town! The shuttle service was nice and the drivers great BUT they need another one--we frequently had to wait 30 or more minutes! It would also have been nice if they could take you to the historic section of Boston. The best we could do was take a shuttle to a T stop and then take the T to the historic area.

The front desk personnel was okay -- but they were not very friendly or helpful! They acted as if it was a bother to even answer our questions! When we asked about walking to places, we were told "go ahead"--nothing about being careful in the neighborhood!

The breakfast was relatively good but it was limited in the choices and squeezed into a very tiny space! It was hard to move around and the layout of the condiments/forks/etc was awkward. Give it more space and maybe throw in some donuts with the muffins!

Our room was adequate--a little drab and in need of updating--the sleep sofa was uncomfortable but it was nice to have a refrigerator in the room. The internet service was very slow!

We would not recommend tourists use this hotel! If we were coming to Boston for the medical centers, it would be appropriate but not for touring the city itself!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family