We had a group of 9 from Ireland & England staying at this hotel in November. Overall we were delighted with our stay.
This was most of our first times staying in an American hotel. We have all stayed in hotels across Europe on countless occasions and set our expectations accordingly. We are used to European hotels and from the hotels we stayed in on this trip I believe there is a better standard hotel in America. Therefore some people reading this review, mainly from the States, may feel that it is overly positive because of what they are used to but I am writing this from my/our point of view with the benchmark being comparable priced hotels in Europe.
ROOMS; As far as I know there are only 2 types of room in the Hotel; Junior Suite with 2 double beds and King Suite with 1 double bed. Between the group we had both types. Personally I had the King Suite. This room was brilliant. Lobby area with sofa, coffee maker, fridge, microwave & 42" flat screen TV. Bedroom with king size bed and another matching 42" flat screen. The bed was most comfortable I have ever come across in any hotel and I've stayed in enough of them. Very clean. The Junior Suite was of comparable quality with a larger connected lobby area that was large enough to accommodate the whole group for a few drinks after one of the more tiring days when going into town was just too daunting.
STAFF; A real strength of this hotel is the staff. Receptionists were very pleasant, helpful & accommodating. Special mention to the brown haired receptionist, sorry cant remember her name, who dropped part of our group to a bowling alley in Dorchester, this is over and above the call of duty and it was really appreciated. There is a complementary Shuttle bus ran by the hotel which drops & picks you up from areas in Boston. We found this service fantastic for the week. Special mention to the driver Pablo who was brilliant and went out of his way on many occasions to accommodate us. Really nice people overall
FOOD; Breakfast was nice and a very satisfactory. Cereals, waffles, breads, croissants, bagels, eggs, granola bars, coffees, tea, juices etc. Also in reception 24 hours a day there is an area that has complementary coffees, tea, juices, granola bars, fruit & cookies. I was a very nice touch as with having a group of 9, waiting for everybody to assemble in reception could take 10-15mins, so in that time you could sit around reception and have a coffee & maybe a cookie while you wait. On a side note, one of our group mentioned to the receptionist how nice the cookies were one morning, and upon arriving back to the room that evening there was a big plate of cookies waiting for her on the lobby table and milk in the fridge. A very nice touch again by the girls in reception.
LOCATION; Location is ok, not brilliant but not bad either. With the shuttle bus it becomes much less of a factor. There is a McDonalds, pizzeria & convenience store just across the street. There is a large retail park just down the road with a great applebees (they vary a lot in my experience, this one was very good) a TJ Maxx, Best Buy, Target etc. Just beyond that there is a T line station.
MISC; Free Wifi, free usage computer & printer in its own room (great for booking things & printing the tickets, this is unheard of in Europe you pay for using the computer in 5/10 minute blocks and there is never a printer), Lots of channels on TV
Overall we were delighted and wouldn't hesitate to book it again or recommend it to anyone.
Key cards for the doors constantly stopped working in all our rooms. Quick visit to reception rectifies this.
We were woken early some mornings by a guy getting out of a dumpster in the carpark adjacent. Very sad but sleeping rough seems to be very common all over Boston.
Elevators very very slow.
One member of reception was below the benchmark of all the rest but the rest were so good they made up for her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Boston Hotel in Boston is an all-suite hotel, previously known as the Roundhouse Suites. It is conveniently located next to the Boston Medical Centre and close to other Hospitals and only 2.1 miles from downtown Boston. The hotel is close to some of the best colleges in the country: Harvard University, MIT, Boston College, Suffolk, Boston University etc. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle from 7:00am to 10:00pm running on a schedule to the two local T-Stop and to the Medical Centers nearby. When home away from home, we understand the needs of the guests and so each of our rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. Our rooms also feature safes in them to store all your valuables. No matter what brings you to Boston, count on a reputable hotel to provide you with the accommodations you deserve. Free parking, free breakfast, free shuttle to the local train stations are all yours for a competitive price at this Boston hotel that sleeps up to five in a double room. Who says staying city-adjacent has to be expensive? Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Boston Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Roundhouse Hotel Boston
- Best Western Roundhouse Hotel
- Best Western Boston
- Boston Best Western