2 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
$738
1,072 results
All reviews club level avery bar equinox gym artisan bistro luxury hotel in room dining upgraded to a suite turn down service concierge desk per day freedom trail doorman theatre valet mandarin
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Arrival can be a bit dicey, as there is only a right-hand valet lane, and it can be quite busy...as we discovered. The valet and bell staff were super-helpful and managed the mess very well. Check-in was easy and quick, with the staff offering specialty ice tea and in-house cookies.

The room on 10 was very nice, good size all around. Super-clean and immaculately maintained. The bed was very firm, which I liked, but may be a problem if you're a squishy-bed person. The down pillows were mighty fluffy, but mashed down to just about flat when it came time to actually use them. We requested two foam pillows, which arrived quickly, but they mashed down to too-thin as well.

Hotel rooms start on 10, and it was super-quiet, both from the hallway and from the outside. Very nice soundproofing.

The TV was good size, but not huge, and offered no pay per view at all. Nothing. You can get a number of internet channels, but the overall channel choices were pretty lame.

No fridge (there is the stocked honor bar, expensive) and there is no coffee maker.

Bathroom. Very spacious, with a separate WC room, and separate tub and shower. Both were great. Great counter space and illumination.

We ordered the hotel breakfast coffee, which tasted like barf. Probably the cream. We mentioned this at checkout, and they immediately comp'd it for us--good on them.

Used the business center, and the ceiling flourescent light had just fallen out of the ceiling, plaster and paint all over everything. I was the one who reported this to engineering. There's a camera in the room--wasn't anyone watching?

Valet parking is good and responsive, but stupid-expensive. But then again, what other choices do you have?

It's an easy walk to a lot of downtown destinations, including Chinatown. There's a Walgreen's and a CVS less than a block away.

Bottom Line: nice place, an oasis in the heart of downtown. Expensive, yes, but worth the price for the service and maintenance.

Room tip: Above xx60 is a good room choice, as it will have you far from the elevators.
2  Thank rugby007
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Dear rugby007,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of your recent visit. We appreciate the time you took to provide your helpful feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return when it will be our pleasure to welcome you back for a more flawless visit.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Appears they were under renovation, the pool was closed and the restaurant was under construction, the lobby was small and non inviting, valet was polite and attentive, check-in was smooth the room was ok the beds comfortable, bathroom was really nice, being my first time staying at a Ritz I had higher expectations. The staff was very polite and helpful

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Jay_Aon19
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear Jay_Aon19,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston and for taking the time to comment on your visit. During construction, Artisan Bistro and Bar continue to serve our guests offering a diverse, tasty menu and refreshing, creative cocktails. It is good to hear the service you experienced was smooth and friendly, and that you found our accommodations comfortable. Once the lobby bar's construction has been completed, the lobby will open up on a more grand scale, and will assist our ladies and gentlemen in providing that initial Ritz-Carlton welcome you were expecting.

Reviewed August 15, 2019

I've never written a review for anything...ever. However, I feel like I need to share my experience at this hotel. I have stayed here before (and had a very nice experience) with my wife and was in town today for business meetings (only for the afternoon). I called ahead and asked if I could work in their bistro until my meetings. The bistro manager said that it would not be a problem (and "that he would not turn me away"). When I arrived, I greeted by the staff, the concierge, and the manager and they told me that they could not accommodate me and that they would not store my bags (even if I paid a fee). I was given no other options and left feeling like I was the size of an ant. No one helped me with my bags on the way out, and, as I got to the front door, a bellhop came to the door and told me "I'm not helping you, I'm just trying to get the door." I was mortified. Very poor and snobby treatment. I won't stay there nor will I stay at a Ritz-Carlton ever again. Four Seasons - you now have my business.

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank tedmothe01
RicardoVerdan, Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Dear tedmothe01,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to learn of your dissatisfactory experience and hope your time might allow you to connect directly with me, so that I may learn further details. I can be reached in the executive office by calling 617-574-7100. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.
Warmest regards,
Ricardo Verdan

Reviewed August 13, 2019

Hotel is absolut fair in pricing and one of the affordable 5 stars hotels in Boston.
The breakfast room is outdated and no atmosphere. Currently, the bar is under reconstruction and will open in September/October. This will have an impact on the overall flavor.
Rooms are very clean and typical Ritz Carlton like.
Staff was very friendly as well, but I was there just for some 16 hours.
Last time I was in the Executive lounge (incl. lounge and free drinks and breakfast) - if I go next time I would go into the exec lounge - by far bettter.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Heiko F
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Heiko,
Many thanks for your thoughtful review of your recent visit. Much agreed - once the Avery Bar renovation is completed, your arrival and overall experience are sure to be positively and greatly impacted. The Club Lounge access will also continue to enhance your experience as well, with its comfortable ambiance, dedicated and personalized service, and delectable food and beverage offerings. We hope you have time for a more extended visit next time, to be able to take in all that hotel and surrounding city provide.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Boston itself is such a vibrant city and the absolute best luxury hotel is the Ritz right across the St from Boston Commons Park. Hotel absolutely beautiful room was extraordinary with fabulous views. Clean neat with comfort and all the amenities you could ask for. All staff cannot be more professional kind courteous and always helpful.5 star dining. Treated like kings and queens. A short walk to the off Broadway theaters. Do not be surprised if you see A list actors and actresses and well known celebrities as this is their hotel to stay in when in town. Best stores and restaurants and historical locations all within walking distance. We will only stay at the Ritz Carlton when in Boston.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pmack52_---

Dear Pmack52_---,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit. We are so glad you enjoyed not only your stay in Boston, but also your stay with us and so many of its aspects. It is our honor to be your home away from home for when you come to town, and we will look forward to your future visits.
With warm appreciation,