Lowest prices for your stay
$870
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
$738
1,072 results
All reviews club level avery bar equinox gym artisan bistro luxury hotel in room dining upgraded to a suite turn down service concierge desk per day freedom trail doorman theatre valet mandarin
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2019

I spent 5 nights at the hotel. Outstanding location by the Boston Common, in the middle of all action. Very courteous and helpful personnel. Special thanks to Tamara Dapic who kindly helped me with my concerns related to the Fitness Center. The Concierge Adriatik Calaj arranged several tours for our group, as well as reservations in a non-typical and excellent restaurant. Concierge Gabe Presman was also extremely helpful, well beyond his usual duties. Nice hotel restaurant with excellent service, especially from Sandra. Room & bathroom as expected (shower enclosure just a little bit small). First class adjacent Health Club for use of guests,very good facilities, a 25 M. lap pool included. Lobby under renovation. not as good now, should be well once completed. Thank you for an excellent stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Ricardo P
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear Ricardo P,
We greatly appreciate your time in commenting following your recent stay, especially in particular recognition of the ladies and gentlemen who left you with lasting impressions due to the superior service they provided. I am glad you enjoyed our location, amenities and facilities. We are looking forward to the early fall when the lobby renovation will be completed and for the warm and welcoming ambiance that will greet you upon your return.
Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

I was in town just one night ahead of a flight across the pond to see the Sox/Yanks series in London. I found the hotel itself to be great. My room was spacious, clean and overlooked the public gardens. Having Equinox adjacent in the residential tower was a huge plus. Front desk and bell desk staff were friendly and engaging. Doorman had zero personality but maybe he was having a tough day not sure. Room service was swift and excellent. Here’s where my experience sours.
I took a cab from the airport and I believe the cost was less than 40$... still a significant sum when you consider the distance is paltry (less than 5 miles even with the most scenic route taken). I opted for a car service for my airport run arranged by the hotel for a precise time the following morning. It was my fault for not asking the amount charged ahead of time. Upon return from my trip I see I was charged 165$. I think I could have stomached 100$ and not mentioned it afterwards. This was gouging. Again, I should have asked or opted for a Lyft driver. Lesson learned. Still not a way for RC to treat people.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank thomasg42
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Dear thomasg42,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback following your stay. While I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay due to the particulars you mention in your comment, I am sorry to hear of the challenges you faced when it came to the unexpected expense of the car service, and although it is provided by a 3rd party, I apologize that our ladies and gentlemen did not communicate to you the price of the airport transportation prior to your departure. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more completely satisfying visit the next time your travels bring you to Boston.

Reviewed July 8, 2019

This is an amazing hotel with a host of excellent staff who makes you feel like your home for Thanksgiving. We had a beautiful suite on the 12th floor with access to the Lounge services included in your room charge. The amenities are endless and the staff are always pleasant and helpful with whatever is needed. There's also 24 hour room service available to accommodate your needs and our room was spacious, nicely lit, 2 televisions, clean and always neatly made up. Our Heartfelt thanks to: Steadley, Kenneth, Colin, Caroline, Courtney, Gabe, Michelle, Julia, Adriatic, Brahim, Hemal, Adam, Lindsey, Jovan, Alfredo, Peter, Samantha, Jerry and Matthew you all have made this a most memorable and magical vacation and celebration.

Room tip: I do recommend the corner suites on the 12th floor it has a beautiful view of the city and plenty of sunshine.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn B
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Dear Lynn B,
Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and that our services, amenities and dedicated ladies and gentlemen helped make your stay truly memorable. We look forward to your return, perhaps for another celebration or just a Boston get-away trip, when it will be our most sincere pleasure to welcome you back.
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Location: On Avery Street (one way) between Washington and Boston Common Park.
Parking: We used the valet option. Note that the prices for parking downtown are expensive and valet at the Ritz is similar to valet or self-park at other downtown hotels, so valet in their secure private lot (where your belongings remain accessible) was used.
Check-in: Warm attentive greeting right from the start. Member upgrade was provided to us and appreciated.
Lounge: The lounge schedule is provided at check-in and it provides a good variety for breakfast, a light lunch, afternoon snacks, and evening dessert and drinks. Staff and pleasant and attentive.
Fitness: The hotel occupies only a small portion of the building that is also shared with residents and commercial tenants as well. At the time of our visit, the fitness area access from the hotel was under construction. Guests had to exit the hotel front door and walk two doors down to the revolving door to the right of the entrance down Avery and take the elevator to the 4th floor. The fitness area looks well appointed in terms of machines and they had a basketball court and pool, but we say little of it because they close at 8PM. My suggestion would be that the hotel post fitness facility hours as most hotels have times that extend later.
What's around? Centrally located next to Boston Common park, the Freedom trail, lots of restaurants and shopping options within walking distance. Consult a map app or the hotel for suggestions.
Special mention: I wish I had noted all the staff that we had good interactions with. In particular, Gerry was very helpful to us, and went out of his way to actively show us some travel options. There was only one interaction that I had where I did not believe the staff member provided his sincere effort. Nevertheless, the hotel also recognizes opportunities to delight their guests. For example, on our return from Fenway, the hotel had left a gift package which was very nice.
Fenway: If you want to take transit, go to the end of Avery and Boston Common and catch any train that is not the 'E' train from Bolyston OUTBOUND station to Kenmore. You can use credit or cash to buy a return ticket at the machine. Transit is NOT accessible. The trains are similar to underground street cars. Not large, but air conditioned.
Overall: Our first stay at Boston Ritz (but not our first stay with the Ritz) and we found this to be a well run property and we enjoyed our stay and the efforts from the staff. We would be happy to return again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank synToronto
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Dear synToronto,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to Boston and for your extensive and all-encompassing review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, that our location was convenient for your plans in and around town, and that you experienced our attentive service sprinkled with the extra personal touches. Now that you have found and experienced The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, we hope there will be many future opportunities to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 29, 2019

Our first time to Boston, we selected Ritz Carlton over four seasons, were in an executive suite with club benefits, if we return we will stay at four seasons.
This is not a 5 star hotel experience, the staff are not trained as such. Not a big deal if we’d spent 3 star rates. It’s trying to be something it is not.

Pros:
Ruth at front desk was lovely, gracious and helpful.
Steadley at front entrance was also helpful.
Lobby is attractive with private areas that lend well to meetings or private gathering
Clubhouse room was nice, comfortable and quiet.

Cons:
Rooms are very small, these are not suites.
Bad lighting design, no overhead light in sleeping area and no switch to turn on lamps.
Not really high end furnishings and a bit too trendy for my liking, though sofas were fairly comfortable just not luxury.
Cheap bedding.
All of this could be accepted but the big miss here for us was housekeeping. There were crumbs on the floor when we entered room. First time they replaced towels I got ‘fresh’ towel with someone else’s lipstick mark and it was still damp. They never gave us fresh glasses, just turned over the old ones with toothpaste marks. They left dirty towels on the sofa during cleaning. Really no attention to detail or care.

My keys would intermittently not work, after using them several times. This was a bit of a hassle.
I didn’t find the equinox next door concept appealing, too public and loud. Plus we had to walk outside to enter because the hotel entrance was closed.
The spa doesn’t do manicures or pedicures, to get that you have to go elsewhere.
The location is not in the best part of town.
I wanted to like it, I felt the brand promise was not kept.

Room tip: Spend for club house
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Graceandpeace1
MrWilliamBunce, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Dear Graceandpeace1,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your valued feedback. I am disappointed to learn that our facilities and the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations, and I sincerely apologize. While I am pleased to know your experiences at the Front Door, Front Desk and Club Lounge were positive, please know that our Director of Housekeeping has taken the necessary corrective action to avoid a recurrence of what you encountered in your guest room. I am also sorry that the adjacent Equinox Sports Club did not provide what you had expected to find, especially during their time of renovation which impeded your travel between the hotel and their club.
As an organization, we continually seek to improve our processes and training, which is what will take place here at our hotel following your feedback.
If your future travel plans include Boston, and if you will consider allowing us the opportunity to welcome back , may I ask that you contact me through the Executive Office of the hotel by calling at 617--574-7100 or via email at william.bunce@ritzcarlton.com so that I may personally oversee your arrangements and accommodations.