“Great place to stay for a weekend”

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston
Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great hotel, great location; close to the Freedom Trail and all other historic places. Great place to start your walks from esp. North End, South Boston, Harbors etc.
The staff is extremely helpful and courteous.

1  Thank racquetman_MN

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed oh Club Level for three nights before taking a cruise. Was upgraded to a huge suite on Club Level. Too large for only one person....but it was wonderful. All staff were very kind. Club Level was a nice place to relax after shopping and touring. They have only one small restaurant in the hotel and virtually no lobby. Find that at many hotels today. There is a separate bar also. If ever in Boston again I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago when I was in Boston for a couple meetings. Stayed on the Club Floor. Lounge was excellently appointed and the staff were really pleasant and helpful. Hotel has the new minimalist decor that Ritz-Carlton is rolling out across the chain. Bar was quiet but agains staff was excellent. Wanted to specifically acknowledge Ryan Pavo, the Concierge, who called me before I arrived at the hotel to help me with some dinner arrangements. Also he gave me some good suggestions of things to do for when I come back with my family in the future. Really impressed with the staff here overall.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 12th floor so you don't have to use the elevator to go to the Club Lounge.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I chose the Ritz Carlton for a conference recently held in Boston. It was not my first choice but for some reason, I booked it. Having stayed in grand 5* hotels during most of my travels esp. Dubai, I was a little disappointed when I pulled up at the front of the hotel and I did not see any 'fireworks'. I was even more disappointed as my room had no view! The staff's friendly & helpful disposition as well as the warm, cosy lounge however made up for the initial disappointment that I experienced. 2 members of staff who stood out were Stead and Godwin - both doormen - and their cheery disposition will stay with me for a long time. It's a good find but it is a bit pricey....

Room Tip: The beds and pillows are great! Room service esp clearing afterwards takes a long time. Laundry is 1...
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I took my two kids to Boston for the Columbus Day weekend and our experience was first class. The Hotel is on a side street off Tremont Street. The valet greeting was energetic and solid and we proceeded inside to check in. Check in was at a desk and chairs which is really my favorite style of check in. It seems more personal and the lady and gentleman who checked us in could not have been more friendly. One nice feature that I had never seen before was in the hallway on our floor, there were single peacock feathers in small sand filled vases all along the hallway attached to the walls on both sides. It was an elegant feature done in a playful way.Our room was an Executive Suite on the 10th floor and the room was perfect. It was spacious with one and a half baths. It had a living area with a couch and chairs with a tv and desk area and the bedroom was spacious with a comfortable bed and a tv. I have said this in other reviews of Ritz Carlton properties and it was true of the property in Boston, Ritz really knows how to do bathrooms. Deep soaking bathtub for the kids, seperate shower for me and a water closet with louvred privacy door are all featured in this beautiful space. Water pressure in the shower was excellent. The view out the window of our suite looked out on Boston Common. The quality of the bed and bedding were excellent and I slept extremely comfortably. The doormen were always friendly and polite as we came and went and check out was smooth and problem free. The property was beautiful and the staff were warm and professional. The Ritz Carlton Boston Common was a first class hotel that quite frankly needs to be higher rated here on Tripadvisor among all the other hotels in Boston. It was first class and enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Staying at the Ritz Carlton, Boston, was nothing memorable or worth returning to. Our deluxe room had an awful view. The building across the way seemed like it was army's distance from our room. Seeing other people's underwear hanging to dry made keeping our drapes closed a necessity. When we complained, we were told that our room had one of the better views. Just wish we knew before booking this hotel. The housekeeping was inconsistent. The first night we weren't given slippers and the second night we weren't given water.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a park view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's not "grand", but it has an understated elegance that is quite refreshing. Location is hard to beat. The Ritz is central to everything for a touristy Boston adventure. What struck me was how quiet the hotel was while walking down the hallways to my room. The furnishings and color scheme add to the sense of calm. We had a room that overlooked the Common. I spent a lot of time just gazing down at the lovely view. The staff is very friendly. They are solicitous at the appropriate times and appear to take great pride in their work. Yeah, it's pricey, but you do, in this case, get what you pay for. Lunched in the lobby restaurant. Food was outstanding. Room service was delivered on time and was also terrific. The true test- will we return. No question.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple