“Good convenient place to stay”

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston
Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Boston
nyc
“Good convenient place to stay”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and I was happy with my stay both times. The location is great. I've always had a suite with views of the Common and that has been nice. The better views are from the rooms with the higher numbers, I think the last room with the best views are "80" ( as in room 1080 or 1180) so try to get a room at least in the 70's so you will have a better view of the Commons if you stay in a suite.

The only issue I have with the hotel is that they may nickel and dime you, as when they charge you for internet use. If you have a concern like that, when you check in they may take care of it and comp you for that expense. The service at the hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: see above, if getting a suite try to get a higher numbered room, closer to "80".
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Midwest
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have stayed 4 times in the past 2 years at this Ritz Carlton property, and it never disappoints. The location is ideal for me: close to the commons and shopping/restaurants. From the (now familiar) doormen who remember me from previous stays to the reception desk, the experience starts on a high note. The small lobby is immaculate. If you're not in the mood to explore, having lunch or dinner in the lovely 1st floor restaurant is not a fall-back strategy because it's really good food and a quiet and elegant atmosphere. I have booked regular single rooms and a suite (wonderful) on one occasion. I have not stayed on the Club level, but I've got to think it's consistent with the high level of service etc...

If you are a traveler who doesn't like to risk having a so-so hotel experience (I don't) and tend to stick to the Four Season's, RItz Carlton et al, I highly recommend this as an easy choice for Boston. On one Boston visit, I saved around $150 a night, and what a mistake, when I booked elsewhere. For me, it was not even close to worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BCparent
Switzerland
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Arriving at the Ritz-Carlton after a terrible journey (cancelled flights, awful weather, lost luggage) was a treat. We thoroughly enjoyed all the privileges that came with booking a club room. In our opinion, the Ritz-Carlton features one of the best clubs. The food presentations were fantastic, and the atmosphere elegant and relaxed at the same time. Staff at the club lounge was excellent and extremely friendly. Needless to say that we were overjoyed when the receptionist, who went to lots of trouble and spent hours on the phone insisting that she talk to someone in charge, managed to get our luggage back. We'll definitely go back to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Wow, this is my favorite Ritz Carlton I have been too!

• Stayed October 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common is well situated to maximize a visit to one of the most historic localities in the United States. As one would expect from the name and address, this is a luxury hotel. My wife and I, upon presentation of our credentials, were quickly checked in and following introductions from Tamara at the front desk, accompanied by the friendly Bellman and our luggage to the room. After storing clothes and familiarizing ourselves with the room we partook of the Concierge lounge where Brian, Ryan and Jessica introduced us to the libations and delicious Hors d`oeuvre which were changed almost nightly during the stay. Later, we found the room was elegant and quiet for a relaxing first night as was predicted by Julia, Rooms Executive. Management and staff ensure delivery of every expectation one might have of finer accommodations; from the room, to the food and even beyond the confines of the hotel itself. This traveler made a day trip to New Hampshire but the return trip which could have ended poorly instead became an introduction to Boston’s latest reconfiguration of its street system. Travel maps and GPS systems prove inadequate when subjected to Boston’s one-way streets. Enter Ritz’s Concierge, Adriatic. A cell phone call and it became very apparent Adriatic was totally familiar with the city’s one-way streets. In short order he had us at the front door and in a much happier state of mind. We found that Adriatic and his other half, Andrew were knowledgeable of all the best that Boston has to offer! This is the kind of client-vendor relationship that constantly reinforces this traveler to choose the Ritz-Carlton for hotel accommodations. Mr. Rajesh Khubchaandani, General Manager is to be commended for the courtesies extended by his staff from the doorman to those named in this review.

Room Tip: Alway ask questions, unasked and unanswered questions seldom get the best results. Always ask for t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
omaha
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz Boston over the weekend. First time to stay here as we have been at Boston Harbor and Four Seasons recently. Decided to try the Ritz as I had heard about the legendary "wow" stories. The hotel is nice and it is immaculate. Its not a stunning hotel by any means and is tucked away. Getting a cab is a 20-30 minute process so we typically walked up the street and found one as the valet folks are very busy. I saw the in room advertising Friday night promising unbelievable service ("let us find you a tailor at 5 am ex...). I decided to send out a pair of pants at 9pm Friday night to be laundered but asked that I get them back by 9 am as I had a meeting with someone in the hotel...Yes, they were only pants I had...poor planning on my part... I was absolutely and cheerfully told it was no problem. At 9 am I didn't have the pants. 9:15 someone knocks asking me if I needed laundry picked up...No, I am missing some pants ...9:30...I called and was basically told by the folks in the laundry area that I should get the pants to them earlier if needed them by 9 am. Then they couldn't find them. Then they said it was not their fault and on and on...it was really frustrating. Got the pants, still damp...late for my meeting. I felt horrible for being "that guy", though, and that I put them out so much. I honestly never try and test this service at hotels..But it was really underwhelming too.. I spoke to someone, didn't get his name, at check out and he apologized and said he would not charge me for the pants and "was there anything else he could do"? It just felt awkward and I felt very bad. I won't plan to stay there again...I guess I thought there would be more and I left unhappy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank haser59
Burlington, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip and it was absolutely lovely. The room I had was HUGE, with a foyer, large bedroom, and spacious bathroom. The hotel bar made for a nice meeting place after work and we often returned there after our dinner arrangements. Staff was extremely courteuous and helpful in arranging transportation. Location was within walking distance to many of the places that we needed to get to so that was also a huge help.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business