No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
RIB Adventure Tours
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was awesome!! It's a small boat, only 6 people can go at a time. So you feel like you are on your own personal speedboat. It goes really fast and it helps cool you off in the heat of the summer. They rode you out past a bunch of small islands and gave you interesting stories about them. Make sure your guide tells you about the Lady in Black!

You pick it up on Sargent's whard behind the parking lot. There is no sign or anything but they will come pick you up from the small dock there.

Look for a Groupon, otherwise it's a bit pricey.

2  Thank Traveler09

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Oh what fun we had on this tour! We had purchased the tickets through Groupon, but who knew what fun was ahead! We boarded the boat on Sargent's Wharf. There was no sign, the boat just showed up right on time. We cruised around the inner harbor and then bounced along the waves beyond. Along the way, we heard some great stories about the surrounding islands and it was just a blast! Don't miss this special treat! Whether you are a native Bostonian or a tourist, you will have a ball on this tour!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great fun! Nice tour of the inner harbor and then we were racing to the little islands beyond the no wake zone. Many I'd never even heard of. The guide was very knowledgeable and funny. The dare devil had us hanging on tight a few times but it was fun and safe.
Tips; you can bring a bag, hat etc. but there is a storage place to close them into once you begin the tour. Sometimes a bit hard to hear the guide, but he was happy to repeat if you asked.

1  Thank whitaker1956
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I purchased to groupon tickets for $45 for this tour. Normally $110. Never been on a Boston boat tour and I love fast speeds, so I thought this would be perfect for my wife and I to try. Jumped on to the inflatable raft which held 2 other couples plus Captain Susan, took a seat, HELD ON to the handrail, and we were ready to begin. As we pull out of the no wake zone steering in between the docked sailboats, you could tell that Captain Susan was kind of gaugeing us to determine how fast she was going to be able to go when the time came. About 10 minutes into the trip, we were located enough distance from everyone to start going fast. What a thrilling an exciting speed ride it is. Splashing and bumping thru the waves, it felt like the boat was flying thru the air when we hit just the right wave. Not to slow and not too fast my liking, the minute or so fast speed ride ended too quickly as we approached the next landmark of the tour. That's pretty much how the next 75 minutes were. We visited Spectacle Island, Castle Island, Shutter Island and a few other places along the way, mixed in with periods of high speed travel. Susan was very knowledgeable and friendly. She seemed extremely proud of herself when she did doughnuts at high speed in the water. Overall, just alot of fun on this hot day. and everything I saw on the tour was pretty much new to me. My wife enjoyed it as well. Her knuckles were white for about 30 minutes after the tour becuase she had been holding on so tight to the hand rail. I would definitely do this again with or without family from out of town, but I wonder how many people are going to pay the $110 for the hour. I think at $45, this was a bargain and an absolute must do.

2  Thank Hugh_C_11
See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our daughter, Valerie, sent us a link to some Groupons for our trip to Boston. I found a $45 Gtoupon for this high speed boat tour of Boston Harbor. It was a great buy! We (my husband, daughter & I) went on a Friday at noontime. I made the reservations over the internet and it was "game on". The pick up point was at the end of Sargents Wharf but htere is public parking just get there early because it is the North End and parking is always at a premium. Captain Susan was great and very informative about the harbor and the surrounding areas. It definitely was high speed and a large zodiac type of launch with a big Merc outboard motor. The boat seats 6 people and it flies. You really have to either tie on your glasses or hold on to them or the wind will send them flying. I loved the ride especially sailing over the big wakes from larger boats. It is not a trip for the faint of heart. My husband & daughter were nervous about the speed but both survived. I thought it was thrilling! My husband is suspectible to sea sickness so he took some dramamine (?) before the ride. We spent about 2 hours on the water. There is nothing like approaching Boston from the sea. It is absolutely spectacular! I would do the boat ride again in a heart beat. My husband & daughter did admit they enjoyed the ride even though they were leery of the boat size and the speed at which we moved. I would recommend this boat trip for everyone except small children. It was great fun and thrilling. Captain Susan was a great tour guide.

3  Thank Deborah Z