Strega Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Strega Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: Northern Ave
Description: Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Three friends out for a birthday lunch...we loved the waitstaff from the greeters to the server. All were top notch. Great place for a birthday celebration. All enjoyed their food and we were very pleased to have a surprise cake & candle brought out to the "birthday girl" at the end of the meal. It was not rushed at all. Booked luncheon reservation though open table. It was alittle tricky to find with the street directions using GPS. We called and were only afew blocks away. Located between the Modern Art Museum (view of this from front entrance on side street) and Federal Courthouse on backside of building. Only complaint is that one of the party (me) ordered the "special" fish dish. The price for that far exceeded the other meal prices for full lunches so that was awkward when splitting the bill 2 ways. (We treated the Birthday girl!). A "lunch special" of almost $40 -will ASK price in future when offered a special. May consider including it in the description at lunch? We will go back, we really enjoyed the view, the atmosphere and food and the ease of valet parking ($10)..

1  Thank Mary M

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place is always excellent and it once again did not disappoint. The servers are tremendous and the food is impecable.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband enjoyed the food and service very much. Everything was great! Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife flew into Boston and we went over to Strega which is only 10 minutes from the airport. The food was amazing. From the creamy mozzarella cheese appetizer or the rollatini it was all great. I had the surf and turf while my wife had a penne and meatballs. The meatballs are served with ricotta cheese and worth getting. The surf and turf was a baked stuffed lobster tail and filet mignon and was perfect. The lobster tail was cooked to perfection and huge! We both had dessert, tiramisu and a cannoli and both were well worth the price.
Ok the food was great but it gets better. We had Bruno G. as our waiter and he was so helpful and pleasant. He is a true professional and do yourself a favor and asked for him as your waiter.
This was our first but not last time eating at Strega!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We chose to dine here for our anniversary this past Saturday night. The restaurant is glitzy and fashionable, but I was expecting a bit more from our meals.

I ordered a Hendrick's martini and my husband had beer. My martini was quite good but sat on ice about a minute too long and was ever-so slightly weak.

We shared a meatball (they're very large, one was enough for the both of us) and it was delicious! I was very hopeful for a fantastic meal. The bread served with olives and a spicy olive oil was also extremely good.

I ordered pistachio and horseradish encrusted salmon with beets and garlic mashed potatoes and fresh pesto. The salmon was cooked to perfection, however I detected not a hint of the horseradish and I was expecting my portion of fish to have been "encrusted" which it was not, it had some pistachios sprinkled along the top. The beets were good, all two slices. The garlic mashed potatoes were borderline cold. My fish was piping hot and the potatoes cold, that was a disappointment. The fresh pesto was very fresh and quite tasty.

My husband ordered the seared sea bass with gnocchi. Again, his fish was prepared perfectly and piping hot but the rest of his meal was only slightly warm with the exception of the grilled asparagus which they must have cooked to order with his fish (and it was excellent also)

I was expecting everything to be at the same temperature.

Our waiter and the entire wait staff were friendly and attentive but not in-your-face.

We had cappuccino's and cannoli for dessert - this was excellent, the cannoli shell was NOT soggy and it was clear that it was filled when ordered. The meal ended up well, but there was some disappointment given the caliber, hype and cost of the restaurant.

1  Thank Annie M