“great location in old Boston”

Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro
Ranked #71 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Wales
“great location in old Boston”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I had a 3 night stay exploring Boston and could not have chosen a better location. The room was small but perfectly formed, and you only really need a comfy bed and bathroom for a city break. The staff were extremely friendly, but always professional. We met some great fellow guests at the bar who were always happy to chat (don't get that in NY!) and the food was excellent - especially the breakfast. The only reason I haven't given full marks (and I woild have given 4.5 if I could have) is that the room was quite noisy - on the corner of the main road (Charles St.) and a side street - perhaps double glazing would be an idea - and so was the a/c. Other than those minor points, perfect!

Room Tip: ask for one away from the main street (not sure if they have any though) or with a quieter a/c
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow, what a hidden gem! This was my first time visiting the East Coast and I am beyond satisfied with my stay at the Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro. It is a superb small hotel in a great location. The staff was fantastic -- helpful with directions and reservations. The rooms were cool and comfortable, even in the humid summer weather! Their room service was quick and very friendly. I spent four days here and have no complaints! I recommend trying their Sunday Brunch too. That's right! Not only are they a fantastic little hotel but they serve top-notch brunch as well (they also serve lunch and dinner). Next time I travel to Boston, I will definitely be returning to BHHB!

1 Thank Meg K
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My friends and I stopped into Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro for lunch on our way to spending a day in the Boston Common. I got the chilled cucumber fennel soup which was the perfect pick since it was a hot day. The soup had such a fresh taste with hints of lemon and dill throughout it. I followed the soup up with their shrimp and arugula salad which was drizzled in a refreshing orange vinaigrette and topped with an avocado puree. Not only did the food feature fresh ingredients but it was delivered to our table in a timely fashion. The staff was also very knowledgeable about the menu items, helping me pick a satisfying meal. The location of the restaurant was perfect, because we were able to walk around the Beacon Hill area after our meal which features tons of cute boutiques. It’s the perfect spot to stop in for a satisfying meal I can’t wait to return to try out their weekend brunch.

3 Thank Adriana H
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Right before moving to Boston, I wanted to spend a weekend in the city learning my way around before having to worry about all of the moving hassles. This hotel was in the most perfect location, and could not have been more accommodating! The staff was so friendly and gave me great recommendations of what to see and do around the city, all of which was just a short walk or subway ride away from the hotel itself. I loved staying here since it is a boutique hotel, I felt like I was almost staying in a home with the adorable decorations and charming atmosphere. I definitely feel like I really got my money's worth. I have to say that the best part of the hotel is its restaurant, The Bistro, that is located right downstairs. I went for both brunch and dinner, and enjoyed every single thing that I got. All of the dishes are so unique; I cannot wait to come back to the restaurant with friends now that I have my own place in Boston. Overall, the hotel was very clean, quite, and quaint, and there even is an adorable little rooftop deck that is perfect for relaxing and taking in the charm of Charles Street. I without a doubt would recommend this hotel to anyone that I know visiting Boston.

Room Tip: Every room in the hotel is unique. All rooms are quite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The location was excellent, not even a block from Boston Common and the Public Gardens. Easy walk to a few different subway stations. It was a beautiful part of town, very charming with brick sidewalks and gas lamps lining the streets. So many beautiful old buildings turned into resturants and shops. We stayed in room 202 which faced the street. Traffic or street noise was not a problem for us during our stay. It was the perfect size for 2 people. I liked that the windows opened and you could get fresh air while looking out into the park. The room and bathroom were updated and clean. There was a rooftop patio which would be a nice place to have a drink or relax and read. We got free breakfast with our stay and it was AMAZING!! This is not your crappy continental breakfast, you order off a menu. It was delicious and well presented. I had the french toast one day and it was yummy!!
Parking is available 1 block away in the Boston Common parking garage for approx $28 per day which is way cheaper than most hotels charge for valet parking.
We would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Room 202 is a corner room facing the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank waslka21
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This little place sits at the foot of Beacon Hill area and is classy and quaint. They had a very nice selection of organic foods. Our salad of heritage tomatoes, blue cheese chunks and greens was delicious, but the grass-fed beef hamburger was outstanding; this comes with fries and can easily be split between two people.

The atmosphere is lovely, the food delicious, and the location is right off the public garden: a great place to take a break from the crowds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Never-Lost4good
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The location was perfect for easy access to many of the subway lines. We appreciated that there were a great number of well reputed restaurants on Charles street alone. Everyday the staff was helpful and friendly, which automatically makes a trip that much more enjoyable. The rooms were on the smaller side, but they made use of the available space very well and they were well maintained. Take advantage of the free breakfast. You won't be sorry! We look forward to visiting soon.

Room Tip: Choose room 305 if possible. Best combination of the bustling action of Charles Street and relaxati...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple