“Better Eat Before Going Here”
Review of Max and Dylans - CLOSED

Max and Dylans
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went here with a group of 5 other friends. Place was about 1/3 full, so we were seated immediately. After about 5 minutes, someone, apparently a manager, came up, apologized for the delay and took our drink order. About 5 minutes later, our waitress showed up, very nice, also apologized for the delay, and took our drink order again. After another delay, yet another manager showed up and apologized, and told us our drink order would be delivered shortly.

It was another 15 minutes before we saw our waitress again, and she took our meal orders. This is where the evening got very long. After a long wait, one salad arrived, then two orders of fries. Then nothing. Other parties were seated, orders taken, meals served and checks presented, and still we had no food. We were told it was because they were "extremely busy", yet looking around we counted 5 tables with people.

When the food finally arrived, it was fairly good, though not hot, or well presented. Not sure what the problem was in the kitchen, but what should have taken an hour or so ended up taking three hours! Never would I go there again.

1  Thank Fish4Stripers

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stopped in here for a late lunch with my husband and his parents yesterday. There weren't too many diners since it was after 2pm. Our server was nice enough, didn't talk much, took our orders. Then we waited for a good 30 minutes for our food to arrive. It was hard to track down our server for refills on drinks, the check, etc. That said, the food was awesome! My husband and the lobster mac and cheese - extremely filling, spiral noodles, big chunks of claw meat - really good. I split my turkey sandwich with him. The turkey was fantastic - night roasted flavor, avocado, cranberry - toasted bread. Loved it.

If we come here again, I would think we'd sit at the bar to have a bit better service (hopefully). Food was definitely worth a second visit.

1  Thank parker617
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Would not recommend this place. We went there on a Saturday night around 8pm. It was not very busy and several seats were open at the bar. We sat down and there were several staff members behind the bar and not one acknowledged us. Finally, after several minutes, a bar tender approached us and asked us if "we were all set"? We responded with "no we would like to order something." He was very cold and unfriendly....appeared to be a "college kid" He provided us with menus and then disappeared. He returned to take our drink order . It took forever for him to return with our drinks. My husband had the grilled scallop appetizer which he said was good. I had the tomato/mozzarella flat bread which was bland tasting and the cheese was rubbery. We split a greek salad which was good. Overall, the place has no "vibe" , no customer focus and needs some improvement.. Certainly, management is not paying attention. There are many other places in the area that worth leaving my money at. Will not return

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Decided to give this place a try as it was close to the hotel and looked fairly busy. The hostess was very welcoming however the waitress was very poor and didn't know anything about the menu items, so she had to get the manager to answer questions about avoiding some items. The manager couldn't answer the questions either however they very helpfully brought me the food packaging so I could review the ingredients!!!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband had been to Max & Dylan’s for several business dinners, and he said he liked it. We went there, and it was the worst dinner experience we had in Boston. It was absolutely terrible from the service to the food. Our waitress, Jena, was the worst waitress ever. She got our original drink order, and then never asked us in two hours if we wanted another drink. We had to ask for water. We ordered New Orleans shrimp, which had a good flavor, but some part of it (I think the bread tips) was refrigerator cold. Four shrimp for $10 was a little steep. The buffalo chicken tip should have been called buffalo cheese tip as it was basically Velveeta cheese with wing sauce – chicken was missing. Since appetizers were such a miss, I didn’t want to take a chance with dinner. We order dessert, triple cupcakes. The cakes were dry, and the frostings were refrigerator burnt. The manager took the cupcakes off the bill; the waitress (Jena) took 30 minutes to close us out. We were the only table she had. We were nice to her, so there wasn’t a conflict issue; she was just a terrible waitress. I will NEVER go back.