“Property is Now Ferrara's Kitchen and Bar”
Review of Caffe Nuovo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Looked for Caffe Nuovo at the above address and found Ferrara's. Looked them up online and their website says "Ferrara's Kitchen and Bar (fka Caffe Nuovo) is a traditional Italian Cuisine restaurant located in the heart of historical North End on the way to the "Freedom Trail." It looked crowded; we'll have to try it sometime. I only gave it stars because TA won't let me post this notice without a rating :).

Date of visit: August 2012

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very good place for breakfast or lunch. The egg dishes are delicious, but the nutella and banana waffle is just the best. We shared it three ways, to speed the calories, but it was worth every one! I loved sitting in the open window and watching the world go by.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We happened upon Caffe Nuovo while walking through the North End, and stopped in for a delightful breakfast.

The menu is quirky, but the food was flavorful, well-prepared and was an excellent value. The vegetable frittata was exquisite, and the home fries were some of the best I have tasted. Portions were large, and the service was good.

The restaurant had a welcoming ambiance and we will return for dinner.

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was craving breakfast foods, and if I lived in Boston, I would never, ever, ever eat at an IHOP or Pancake House ever again. Not with a place like Caffe Nuovo in the city's North End making dishes (even into the late night hours) like the western omelet and the ham benedict.

The cafe, which also serves dinner entrees, has a well stocked bar and friendly bartenders.

The western omelet had a beautiful flavor and the peppers didn't overpower the other flavors in the omelet. Not to mention the size of the omelet, and the homefries. The plate was very large but a nice portion to keep you full.

The ham benedict was perfect. I was concerned that the hollandaise sauce might not be tasty (based solely on my fear of every chef messing up hollandaise), but it was perfect. I found myself going back for bite after bite and finished this very large plate. This is definitely a must-order!

Date of visit: April 2012
1  Thank GNRMatt
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband particularly enjoyed his creamy polenta with mushrooms, and I liked the fusilli with meatballs. My child loved the gelato (which was a HUGE portion). The service was very friendly. The upstairs dining room has a full view of the kitchen.

Date of visit: November 2011