“Good food and a good price for the neighbourhood.”
Review of Caffe Nuovo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had dinner here one evening after spending the day exploring Boston.
The food was very good, with plenty of seafood in the seafood pasta and risotto.
Meals were served in a Pan instead of on a plate, which was an interesting twist.
They are a new restaurant trying to attract business in a saturated neighbourhood, so their prices were a little lower than comparable places.
Only complaint was that the A/C was turned up a little high and blew to much directly on you.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We ate here at beginning of July, food was excellent and do wad the service, would recommend it

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I usually come here for brunch, even solo, because its so good! It is busy for brunch so expect to wait if you have a large party; but sit at the bar if you can, you will usually get seated quicker. The staff i have had for brunch is always very warm and friendly, however, when I was there for dinner, I did feel a little rushed.

Great food and large portions for the price. I love their polenta and eggs, and their omelets have never failed me either. For dinner the food is just as satisfying- ask about their specials, they always have something delicious and interesting.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

When I walked in here I was hit with the most terrible servie--terrible to the point we were never even seated for brunch. From looking at the menu, it didn't look like typical breakfast offerings, a little odd. We appeared to be second in "line" waiting for a table so we gave our name to the maitre d, we could see many tables getting up to leave so it seemed like we would be seated soon (he told us a 10 minute wait) but then if his friends came in or people he knew, he would seat them before us. It was as if we were invisible. As far as I know, they don't take reservations, or write a wait list when you give them you're name so it's not even first come first serve. I guess all they want to do is please people they already know, not new customers. I ended up giving it another shot and actually eating here another weekday when it was not as busy and the food was alright, nothing special and the service remained the same once seated, and painfully slow. Also, they sat us in the basement, which was dark and lacked the nice clean, crisp atmosphere that the upstairs has. They must save that for friends and family, too.