“Great proximity to Mass General”

Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill
Ranked #64 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Wyndham when our daughter underwent surgery. Our daughter stayed with us the first night, and the staff was very prompt in bringing a rollaway bed shortly after we checked in. However, I was alarmed at check in when I was told the rollaway would cost extra. I simply told them that couldn't be right because I had reserved for 3 people and paid extra for a larger (corner) room. The staff member then told me they wouldn't charge extra. Couldn't shake the feeling they were being deceitful. Otherwise, the room was average but clean. I've never stayed at a hotel that didn't have a small fridge; this was a first. Found that very surprising.

The best thing was the hotel's location. It's a 2-minute walk to Mass General, Whole Foods Market, Starbucks, and 10 minutes to Quincy Market and a very nice restaurant where we met friends for dinner the night before surgery. But that's a different review!

• Stayed: February 2014
Thomas C, General Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Stacey,
First I hope all went well with your Daughter's surgery at MGH! Thank you for sharing your experience with us I apologize for the confusion at check-in. I am not sure if our staff got the correct information at the time you made the Reservation. We should have had a rollaway in the room if we knew about this, as our corner room is a King bedded room. I will use this as a training item for our Staff. Thank you for letting me know. While we do have refrigerators in about 35% of our rooms they are not in all of them but we do provide them on request, based upon availability. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Boston we will see you again!
Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Reviewed February 28, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Thomas C, General Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff is very unfriendly. We stayed here for a concert at the garden. After the concert we come back to take shower the water is turned off. We never recieved a phone call or anything to let us know there will be no water starting at 9pm. Construction started at 6 am continuosly through the entire time we checked out vibrating the room. I was very unhappy with my stay. I will definetly stay at a different hotel when I come back for a conert.

Room Tip: Never again
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Adam W

Adam,
I am sorry for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay, We did communicate to our guest, about an emergency repair we had to make to our hot water system, thru a series of in room notifications at check-in and letters posted at the front desk. The water was shut off at 1030pm and back on at 5:15am the next morning. We did this, to impact the least number of guest as possible. I do apologize and please contact me directly if we can be of further assistance.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Thomas C, General Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable. Staff was pleasAnt and helpful. Extremely close to mass General hospital. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance. Rooms were adequate in size. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Cheryl,
Thank you for telling us about your stay and we do have a lot of folks stay with us who are next door at Mass General. Our location does lend itself to sampling the great food options in the North End and Beacon Hill Area, (we do have a pretty great restaurant in The Dean's List also). Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again on your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here because of the proximity to Massachusetts general hospital...we were very pleased. Staff is very friendly, hotel is clean. The very best part is that it was so close to hospital and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014
Thomas C, General Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Kathy
Thank you for tell us about your stay. We have a lot of folks stay with us who are going next door to Mass General. I hope all went well there. We look forward to you staying with us again, hopefully for pleasure and not for a visit to MGH.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here by making a reservation using the Hotel Tonight app. My husband was admitted to the hospital at MGH in Boston and I wanted something convenient. Everything in the hotel seemed pleasant sceptic that all the ice machines on most of the floors were not working. But when I went to go to bed, I pulled the covers down on one of the beds and found some mouse poops on them. It was late and I had no where's to go so I slept in the other bed. Needless to say, I was not real happy about it. I took a picture of it as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

BJ
I want to apologize for the situation you found in your room. I am sorry and if you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly at the hotel. We will correct this situation and I appreciate you letting me know about this.