“Great location, friendly staff”

Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill
Ranked #62 of 83 Hotels in Boston
asheville, nc
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Wyndham is in a great location, recently updated, and wonderful staff. I checked in around noon and not only did they get me in my room early, they upgraded me to the executive level and provided me with breakfast vouchers! They were so friendly and I loved my stay- I highly recommend this great hotel!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was there for a conference. When I 1st booked it was Holiday Inn, few weeks before the conference it changed to Wyndham. I thought that was great since Wyndham Hotels usually have good reputations. Well not this one!! Arrived around noon and they stated my room wasn't ready, told me to come back in an hour. I went back after an hour and half and room still not ready. Then they said well check-in is at 3:00pm to come back then. When I came back again at 3pm, the room still wasn't ready!! Finally around 4pm I told them you are past my check-in and you need to give me any room, even if upgrade suite! That's when the manager went upstairs to speak to housekeeping to get a room ready for me. No upgrade for my trouble. The service was lacking. Elevators were a nightmare! The rooms were not clean. Under the bed and behind the nightstand was a lot of dirt. Food was terrible. The bartender at the bar looked like he was 17; and didn't know how to make a martini, instead gave me lemon vodka straight up in a martini glass and charged me $10 for it!! Didn't even drink it. I wouldn't come back to this hotel on my own. If in Boston I would seek and pay more money for a better hotel than this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Darnell B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry to read that you had a poor experience with our staff and service. I will certainly discuss your experience with my team. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We usually get very positive feedback about our service and amenities and I do hope you choose to give us another chance to see that we can and do provide excellent service.
Edgartown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I loved staying here, especially during this trying time. The staff were so responsive and kind. After my husband's outpatient surgery, we needed more towels, plus we got back from the hospital so late, dinner was over. But the kitchen staff whipped up some scrambled eggs and toast and brought it to our room. The doorman who helped with our baggage was SUPERB! There were all kinds of ways we were inconveniencing the staff because of things that were going wrong at the hospital. But you would not have known it, because we were never made to feel we were burdening them. That's hospitality!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple