“Absolutely disgusting, smelly, dirty, horrible hotel...”

Days Hotel Boston-Harvard Fenway
Ranked #82 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 3, 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL - Entire hotel smells like vomit! Dead bugs on bathroom floor. TV did not work. Bed sheets dirty with visible stains. Thermostat does nothing. I'm writing this review at 1:30am because my room is boiling hot and I can't sleep. Called front desk to see if they could check my thermostat and they told me to open the window!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael C

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in Boston for only one night and was sharing the room with 2 other people, which is what made the $200 a night price tag palatable. This was the best and most affordable hotel available on short notice and we were not disappointed.
That being said, if I was travelling by myself (which I do often) or staying multiple nights, I could probably find something a little bit further away at a lower price, that is of equal quality. The location of the hotel is quite good as long as you're travelling by car/taxi. Walking or public transportation to anywhere of interest will take a very long time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rk200933
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I think that this hotel is under-rated. Really, 74 out of 74 in Boston. I expected it to be terrible.
(I had to stay in this hotel for a work function.) But then I stepped in and thought, "what were all those people complaining about?" It strikes me as a pretty standard 2.5 star hotel, perhaps on the older side, but efficiently run by a courteous staff. My room was clean and comfortable, and there were several nice touches, like free bottled water and a few snacks. The room was fairly spacious for this level of hotel. The room was quiet (I was on the top floor). I read that many people complained of odor, but once again, I didn't notice any foul odor of any kind.

I liked the location. First of all, it's right across the street from the Charles river. Second of all, it's easy walking distance to some cool restaurants and pubs. It was very convenient for me.

In short, I would stay here again, even if I were choosing the hotel myself.

Room Tip: My fifth floor room faced the street, but was nonetheless quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our stay was nice. Some of the previous reviews scared me AFTER I bought a two night stay by bidding on Priceline. Pros: Staff were courteous. Room was clean, linens were fresh and crisp. Pillows were comfy, beds were fine. Desk had a couple power outlets for convenient mobile device charging. Refrigerator was clean. Bottled water provided in the room along with some snacks were COMPLIMENTARY, not overpriced like in 4 star hotels I've stayed in. Cons: Walls were a little thin. One night we heard the coughing fit of another guest a little too clearly. Only the carpet in the elevator looked dirty. You need a car. Not very convenient to public transit. Overall: Good value for $100/night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank AirCordell
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have stayed in a number of Days Inns in seven or so states of United States and found this Days Hotel to be a rather pleasant place to be. I treated it as a base to come back to as a sort of an interuption to my real reason for being in Boston - ie. a historical fact finding holiday - and I found this hotel quite suitable for my purposes.
One of the front desk men John, actually took me on a sorty to a local park where he and his fellow "Birders" showed me some local wildlife while they photographed them for local magazines. Now, if that is not going out of their way to show a international traveller how to enjoy the local community, then I don't know how they could have topped that. Well done John and thankyou to the other helpfully members of the Days staff.
The room was good and the oportunity to enjoy a nice restaurant was also within the building.
I slept really well while at this hotel and enjoyed some good television in a pleasant room with a good view out the window of the parklands across the road. I stayed during winter and the heating was cofortable for me. The roomstaff were also pleasant.
I would recommend this place to other people of like mind.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Do yourself a HUGE favor - DO NOT stay at this hotel. The entire premises including the hallways and the room stunk like a cross between a nursing home and a futile attempt to chemically cover up the odor. The furniture was outdated and all scuffed up, the elevator jerked and skipped at every start and stop and overall, the place was just plain filthy. After inspecting our room, we went to the front desk to explain that we could not stay here (because my wife and daughter got ill from the smells), the attendant immediately changed his demeanor and accused us of somehow scamming the hotel and told us to "get out, leave, goodbye, go back to where you came from". This person would not give us his name and was the most rudest, untrained and pathetic hospitality employee we've EVER met. If you like the feeling of slime and the smell of rancid meat, urine and vomit, this is your hotel.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dale B
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Having stayed here some time ago, this isn't quite what I remembered. Filthy elevators and a hallway with a foul smell that I can't quite place... Odd, like somewhat was eating fried fish an hour ago. This business center at which I am now writing looks like it has a computer (just 1 for a 4 story hotel?) from the 1990's. Once in the room, it seemed fairly clean and well made up. The room is supposed to be nonsmoking, but that seems to mean that they air it out and fumigate after people smoke (which is different if you suffer allergies). If you are someone who can tolerate mustiness, OK... but if you are sensitive or finicky, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MvanH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Hotel Boston
#77 of 84 in Boston
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Been to Days Hotel Boston-Harvard Fenway? Share your experiences!