“OK with Boston Price”
Review of Charles River Inn

Charles River Inn
Ranked #83 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We stayed there for college visit there in July 08, & January 09. Hotel is OK. No continental breakfast is available. The bathroom is small & the fan does not work, so it would stink so you have to wait to use after it had been used. The location is good for BU and other places. AC worked and heat was fine. No elevator. The building is old, need renovation.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank krishshishya

Reviewed January 8, 2009

my brother and i came to boston to see the red sox play and to do some shopping/sight-seeing. we were not about to pay $200+++ to stay in town. the place was easy to find and very central to what we wanted to do. we drove everywhere with no problems(we heard boston was terrible to drive in). but we found the hotel to be clean, from the lobby to the room, which was quite large compared to some. the beds were clean, as was the bathroom. our room was at the back upstairs so the only view we had was a highway and part of a train run up on the hill. but who cares about that. we went to see boston,not sit looking out our hotel window. the staff were pleasant and helpful.
and the ihop next door did not hurt my feelings.
overall we both enjoyed all of our trip and are planning to come back this fall to do it again....and we will definately stay at the days inn again
drmacculloch

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
9  Thank mrfelix
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This place was the same price as the super 8 which we also stayed at for one uncomfortable night (located about 5 minutes away), but was a heck of a lot better in terms of appearance, cleanliness and facilities. We caught the 64 bus from just near the hotel to central square station, and then the subway on to boston, without any problems. The trip was probably about 30-40 minutes (including transfers).

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellingtonk
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We booked two nights here based on price and location (my son was touring Harvard) and what a horrible mistake that was! Our room was filthy dirty, loud, stinky and miserable. We had to wear shoes the entire time because the carpet was so dirty. One of the mattresses had some unidentifiable substance all over the side of it, the comforters were stained and stunk, the bathroom had mold everywhere and our window looked out over some dumpsters. Whenever the heat kicked on it sounded like a jet landing in the room. At about 11:30 our first night, a party of some sort broke out next door to us. It sounded like about 40 people in there and their door probably slammed shut literally 50 times that night. It went on until 4:30 am! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I have never written a poor review on any place I have stayed. I'm not a picky traveler by any means. For around $50 more a night you can stay at the Hyatt Place which is like a palace in comparison; its where I'm typing this from right now as we checked out of the Days Inn first thing this morning to avoid having to spend another night in hell! Please learn from our mistake...not worth the price!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
15  Thank dirtykittyo
Reviewed April 2, 2008

I asked the woman at reservations who booked this room for me about getting from the airport. She told me to take the silver line, then the red line then bus 64. Unfortunately, the bus did not go there and I got dropped out in the middle of no where late at night. Being a young woman, I felt vulnerable and frightened. I had to walk forever hauling my luggage. Two different taxi rides later, I found this decrepit motel. I would never stay here again and the $110 which I paid should have been no more than $40. What a rip-off.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank YoungTexasTraveler26
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year since my daughter moved to Boston. I have always found it clean and well managed. The rooms I've occupied were immaculate, and the furnishings and carpet in both the rooms and public areas appeared to be new. There were never any problems getting them to accept the internet rate at which I generally book. It is true that the property is not convenient to public transportation, which could be an issue for some but was not for me. There is a McDonald's on one side of the parking lot and an IHOP on the other, which is very convenient. I don't think that they even advertise that they provide breakfast, although there is coffee available and sometimes fruit. All in all, I felt it was a very good value for the price, which is almost always less than $100 a night.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jaysmom4285
Reviewed August 31, 2007

This place is Clean, and friendly service. I was pretty satisfied. The sheets where bright white, carpets were clean enough to walk barefoot. And most importantly, the bathroom was clean! I hate a dirty hotel bathroom.

Stayed: June 2007