“Authentic”

Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
“Authentic”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Was just back in Boston yesterday, this place doesn't have the touristy splashiness of the other bakeries, and is the only authentic cannoli and pasticotti I've had in Boston! The service isn't warm and friendly like an Italian business should be, but the place has seasonal, authentic made on site goodies! Also the best sfogliatelle! Bought some for breakfast for next day!

• Visited June 2013

Virginia
“Best cannoli”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The place is not that impressive but the pastry is excellent.
We loved the cannoli. So fresh and delicious. They are not pre-prepared the way they are in Mike's. The shells are really crunchy. And the filling is light and creamy. I grew up in an Italian town so I'm fussy. Go to Maria's - you won't be sorry.

Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great cannolis”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had the cannolis and they were really to die for. They filled them just when you order so they are the shell is very crisp and fresh and the filling. You can have pistachios, chocolate or regular ricotta filling. The macaroons were also really good.

At this point, if you are not blind from sugar, grab a cheese pie.

I found the service to be a bit rough but respectful.

• Visited May 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Average food, poor customer service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The pastries were not bad (ordered a cannoli and a lemon cookie), but what really turned me off from this place was the service. The woman who served us was pretty rude when we asked for suggestions on what to try.

There is not much of a sitting area, it is better to grab something and take it out to go. The displays looked delicious and I wanted to try everything. But like I said, I just wish the customer service was a bit better!

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Dreams come true”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Oh, I was so happy to find delicious and AUTHENTIC cannolis! They don't have many filling varieties, but this is good, cause it is real authentic tastes.

I've been struggling so many times after I had tried cannolis in Italy, and not finding anything close here in US. But I don't give up, and finally at our trip to Boston we were rewarded!

I don't have enough words to express how good Maria's pastries are, one need to try!
Torrones, cannolis, all cookies and pies just heavenly delicious!

As for me, living not in Boston or close, I'm ordering pastries -- just give Maria's a call or send an e-mail. Highly recommend!

• Visited December 2012