“Fantastic Fish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Harborside

Legal Harborside
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Harborside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
Description: Legal Harborside is Legal Sea Foods’ 20,000 square foot flagship property on the Boston Waterfront, comprising three floors and three different concepts under one (retractable) roof. You’ll find a nod to our heritage on the first floor hull, with a casual menu of seafood favorites with a twist, an oyster bar and a market. The second floor dining room offers cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. And those that visit the third floor promenade deck will enjoy a four-season rooftop lounge with a retractable glass roof and walls for cocktails and bites. All aboard! Located in the Seaport District, Legal Harborside is within easy walking distance to the Institute of Contemporary Art, the World Trade Center, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the Bank of America Pavilion and hotels including the Renaissance Boston, Westin Waterfront and Seaport. Legal Test Kitchen (LTK) is directly across the street. Join Legal Harborside on Facebook for a seat at our virtual table.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fantastic Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on Memorial Day during lunch time. The restaurant was crowded and there was a wait for tables. We wanted to eat outdoors because it was a perfect weather day for Boston and this restaurant is located on the wharf. We did not have reservations and the wait was too long for us because we had to catch an airplane.

Lucky for us there was an area inside where reservations are not required. There is a counter type bar where you can sit and watch some of the food be prepared. Lots of seating was available here but we got seated in a fairly short period of time at a table. I ordered the fish and chips which cost around $10 and were some of the best I have ever eaten. Others at my table had crab rolls or fish of some type and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was quite good considering how crowded the place was. We easily made our flight at the airport.

This restaurant is only about 5 minutes from the airport. Seriously, I timed our trip to the airport and it was 5 minutes. This was a holiday, though, so there was NO traffic going to the airport. If I were stranded at the airport, and wanted a good meal, I might consider coming to eat here, although I do not know how much cab fare would be. I suppose you could take public transportation if you had enough time.

The next time I am in Boston, I hope I get a chance to eat here again.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“The view makes it perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of going to Legal Seafood's third floor. WOW! What a view! It was absolutely packed, we spent about half an hour in line, totally worth it. Greatly decorated, good service, drinks were below expectations. Oh the sushi was pretty good too! On a sunny day, nothing like the wind flowing, friends, the ocean view and great music. I will absolutely go back!

• Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Food is pretty good, server didn't smile at all and was not very friendly. Sat in the back with a nice seaport view. Open Window concept is a nice touch.

Keller, Texas, United States
“Oysters and such”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We made our reservations in advance... late dinner. The wine selection was good as was the knowledge of the wines by staff. The service was good as well. Oysters were available from multiple locations, which is my VERY in the good rating. All in all, an above average experience. This is actually my second trip to this restaurant chain this day, both experiences were great.

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped in for lunch recently and had a lobster roll and a bowl of clam chowder. Excellent examples of both!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Legal Harborside? Share your experiences!