“Spacious, accomodating and great place to grab a beer or meal!”

Barlow's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlow's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #825 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: 241 A Street
Transit: Broadway Station on the Red Line or South Station
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spacious, accomodating and great place to grab a beer or meal!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We went to Barlow's to attend a wine tasting event but arrived too late, however, decided to to grab a quick appetizer and a few beers at the bar. It was my first time at Barlow's and enjoyed it! The service was terrific, appetizers were delicious (buffalo chicken tortilla and jalapeno poppers). We will definitely be back and this time we hope to be early for the wine tasting!

• Visited April 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid bar, great food.”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My coworkers and I started going to Barlow's after our local pub shut down, and I have to say I like it a lot! Sure, the free beers don't come by often, but the fig and prosciutto pizzaa more than makes up for it. My female friends love the blueberry beer in the summer and lately everyone is raving about the pumpkin beer now that it is fall. all in all, I like barlows a lot. Will be a regular customer hopefully for a long while.

1 Thank JimPBoston
Tipperary, Ireland
“Great Spot - Keep it up”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Went in for a spot of Dinner and may I say it was terrific. I had the steak and my missus had the ravioli. Both mouthwatering and the service excellent. Good Job Guys

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank UpTipp
Boston
“Disappointed, again.”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

As a nearby resident of Barlow's I was eager to add it to my list of regularly frequented pubs. After three visits this year I can confidently strike it from my list. My last visit was case in point. If you're a pub, you need to stick the landing on nachos or change your business model. The nachos were uninspired, bland, and nothing to come back for. The cheese on the nachos had been only partially melted to being with and the nachos were cold.

My boyfriend’s entree was seafood scampi. It was flavorless and watery. And he was pulling lemon seeds from his mouth every other bite.

I was not super hungry so for my entree I ordered a side of garlic spinach and a side of tamari brown rice. The spinach was chopped, clearly pre-frozen, and almost black in color. The rice was simply hard and not cooked through. Both sides were barely warm.

The only part of the meal we enjoyed was the cocktails. Barlow's make a great dirty martini! And the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

I am disappointed that it's so close to our home and not a food option anymore.

• Visited May 2011