“There and back again”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Boston
Description: Authentic Australian Food in Boston. Eat-in at a communal table for 8 or takeaway for lunch and dinner. Serving savory meat and vegetable pies, sausage rolls and fresh food from the grill. Australian groceries are available from the The Pantry. Handmade, gourmet and authentic, it's a pie, mate!
Orange, California
“There and back again”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Still the best place in the US to find authentic Aussie meat pies and sausage rolls! Also, they now opened up another location closer to Logan airport...so if you have a layover...why not swing over? As much as I'd rather fly over to Sydney and grab some pies...Boston is a bit closer flying from California..."It's a pie, mate!" Recommend the Irish Beef stew and the Braised lamb shank.

• Visited September 2012

Orange, California
“Gotta have meat pies - Oz style”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Was in Sydney and loved my meat pies there. But alas, back to the States...forsaking my precious meat pies forever. UNTIL I found KO Pies! I searched everywhere in the US, and found this place in South Boston. Got on a plane, flew LA to Boston and headed for KO. The pies were delicious!!! And the sausage rolls, killer. Wash down with some real ginger beer and I was immediately transported back to Sydney. Too bad I didn't have room for any of their wedges.

• Visited March 2012
Bradford, Massachusetts
“Great Auggie Pies, Mate”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This place is AMAZING! I've heard about it for a long and drive by it every time I go training in Quincy but never made a stop. Finally, a coworker who is an Aussie, asked me to stop to pick up some pies for him and I "HAD" to put in an order for myself.

I ended up getting two of each pies that they had and I had the lamb pie and my wife had the beef pie, and mushy peas on Sunday. OH MY GOD, the pie itself was so flaky and the pies were stuffed with meat. They were amazing and I have to say, one of the best if not the best pie I ever had. The mushy peas was exceptionally good and I would get it again.

One of the owners actually came out and gave me the order while I was double parked on A St, very good service just on that alone!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank huskyal02
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I love this place!
We have made several trips in from the 'burbs to get the pies. So far, I have just stuck with the traditional pie - which hits the spot on a cold night! Also, my boyfriend is obsessed with anything coconut. KO had these Australian cake / sponge things covered in coconut called Lamington's. Needless to say, he loved them. I get very full from just a pie - I am afraid to think of the calories in them. So, I have only tried the fries so far and they we very tasty with an asian dipping sauce.
On our last trip to KO we hit the freezer to stock up on pies... I am just finding an excuse to heat them up!
This place is totally worth the trip. The service is friendly and it is a very different concept.

• Visited February 2012