“Best Breakfast in Charlestown”
Review of Grasshopper Cafe

Grasshopper Cafe
Ranked #31 of 235 Coffee & Tea in Boston
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Charlestown is really limited for breakfast spots besides the places serving pastries etc. and with Lori Ann's gone for a while now, there isn't much to drool over. Stop in the Grasshopper Cafe for friendly, quick service with your classic breakfast dishes served right. You'll leave with a full belly with out breaking the bank.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been to the Grasshopper Cafe many times. For a new restaurant, they have a great menu, and a friendly staff. The owners are a true success story - worked for years and years to open a restaurant, and it's great to see folks crowding in. Wonderful pancakes, and always a kid or two running around so I don't feel bad about bringing my 2 year old. That said, the kids are more fun than bothersome - it's a great atmosphere. Charlestown needs more great breakfast options, and I'm thrilled to see Grasshopper Cafe open early with their large coffee menu, homemade baked goods, breakfast burritos....yum!

One suggestion: my family (and a few others around) are vegetarian, and we always look for veggie sausage on the menu. It's cheap to buy and freeze, and it makes your customers feel special. The only times I've ventured to Friendly Toast (or farther) have been when I really wanted a veggie-friendly environment....so Grasshopper, please, please get some veggie sausage and tofu in soon! Even meat eaters like a tofu scramble every once in a while!

Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is a great location and has potential but, they need to do a much better job with the quality and presentation of their meals. Breakfast is a meal that takes good preparation and fast service. I ordered hash and eggs with home fries and what I received was potatoes cooked in a fryolator, dried out corned beef (not hash) and wheat bread that wasn't toasted. We had to ask for butter for the warm bread and everything on the plate was piled on top of each other.

I know this restaurant just opened but first impressions make a big difference. We'll give them a few months and return for a 2nd try.

Been to Grasshopper Cafe? Share your experiences!