“Very crowded, noisy and bad service...good food...”

Max Brenner - Boston
Ranked #320 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Between Fairfield and Exeter
Transit: Take the MBTA towards Government Center. Our restaurant is located closest to the Copley Station.
Description: Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man, the first restaurant entirely devoted to chocolate, provides a "chocolate mood:" a person being surrounded by huge bricks, candles, pralines, colorful toy tins and crates filled with cocoa beans. Each person"s chocolate experience is exclusive to the individual as it brings out different emotions in each and every person. This can be experienced at our retail shop and dining room. In addition to our unique chocolate, we also offer delicious savory foods. Whether it is our famous Brenner Burger or Mac & Cheese, there will be something for everyone in the group!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very crowded, noisy and bad service...good food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a happening restaurant on Saturday night, very crowded and at times noisy...I went with my husband, and another couple...the waiter forgot a coke and needed to be reminded about 10 minutes later, then at dessert time my husband and friend ordered coffee and tea and again the waiter needed to be reminded minutes later. I have never been to a restaurant where the waiter just kept forgetting drinks.
The food was good-we liked the fries and burger and the dessert was good-but not as great as I would have thought. We tried the smore's and a small fondue. I did really like the hot chocolate.

• Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Came here for the second time last May after visiting some friends in Boston. Again, it did not disappoint. Had the sliders which were juicy and delicious, and the waffle fries were great as well, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The hot chocolate was great as well. Wish there was one of these places in Toronto, but it's nice as a treat every time I visit Boston. The smell of chocolate in the restaurant is just wonderful.

• Visited May 2012
Warren, New Jersey
“If chocolate is your thing, this is your place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my 17 year old son's favorite fun place to eat in NYC and the Boston location is so much better! It's not as cramped and crowded as the NYC one. Don't miss the chocolate fondue or the "hug" hot chocolate. There's regular food here too and the portions are very large. It's location on Boylston Street is fantastic!

Visited December 2012
UK
“Has to be the Ultimate 'Rip off'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been to Brenner's in New York but not previously in Boston. We had been looking forward to a ‘chocolate sweet’ in Brenner's but were disappointed this time round. The quality of our chocolate fondue (for 2) was excellent but at $24.95 it has to be the ultimate rip-off (see photographs). The restaurant is a pretty ‘cool joint ‘ but we were left hugely disappointed and a little annoyed. I just don’t know how Brenner's can justify this price as the three dips in the photograph are extremely shallow in content depth. They may look impressive in the photograph but it is important that readers understand that the actual depth is slightly over half of one inch (or 15mm) so there is not much substance in this deal for two people. It has to be THE most expensive sweet I have ever had and I have visited cities in four of this worlds continents. Needless to say I will NOT be back.

• Visited January 2013
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Chocolate and More”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dined here recently and loved it! I am not a real sweet lover but this was an exception. Four of,us, which included a four year old, shared a great fun time and delicious yummy food. The moment you enter this place you are greeted with warm surroundings, perfect lighting and the aroma of chocolate. The service was great. Lunch was followed with a lovely presentation of assorted fresh fruits, pastry, marshmallows, dipping chocolate and a fondue sterno pot to heat them with before the dip.(some of us doubled dipped)., Unique and a must try if you are in the Back Bay area.

• Visited January 2013