“Highly Recommend!”

Walking Boston - Tours
Ranked #20 of 142 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking Boston offers a fun, private, educational tour of historic Boston. Very entertaining & informative guide. Walking Boston is Boston’s only historic tour given by a children’s book author and Boston historian with family ties to the Sons of Liberty and Paul Revere. Imagine yourself touring Boston with an actual relative of the legendary Paul Revere! Ben Edwards is a creative and engaging tour guide who offers private tours at a comfortable pace. His private guided walking tours for groups and families provide a personalized approach ensuring plenty of time for questions and the flexibility to stay longer at many of the sites.
tekcha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We recently took a walking tour of Boston along with our 2 kids (age 10 and 7) with Ben.
We learned so much. Ben is amazing and so knowledgeable. He tells stories, he is very engaging and made learning history fun for us and kids.
He had made the tour very personalized for us.

The best way to see Boston and to learn history of Boston is with Ben!
We will be back.

Visited December 2012

Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Experience!!! Highly Recommend!!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was so pleased to have been able to book with Ben for my introduction to the Freedom Trail and plenty of other Boston fun facts. He was knowledgeable beyond my imagination. Ben tells history in such a fun, engaging, and indiscreet way that made me feel like a friend showing me around. His stories are memorable and makes learning history more interesting, even for someone like me who doesn't have much of a memory for history. I learned quite a bit about so much of what history is buried within the grounds of Boston and Boston in general.

Visited December 2012
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brings History to Life!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our school has been going on Boston Freedom Trail tours for many years with our 4th graders, and, specifically, the Walking Boston Tour for several years now. I can't recommend this particular tour highly enough. The guide, Ben, is extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. His tours are full of personal anecdotes, besides the historical facts, and really make the history come alive for the students. We use this tour to kick off our Revolutionary War unit, and it gives the students a complete, engaging framework from which to begin our studies. We bring many parent chaperones with us, and year after year, they ask for Ben's business card so that they may come back with their extended family and friends. As a teacher, I look forward to this trip every year -- and there aren't many field trips for which that can be said!

Visited November 2012
Lakeland, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Private Tour Extraordinare”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ben hosted a great tour for my wife and I. From the very beginning when he met us in our hotel lobby, every detail was covered - he even had a T pass pre-purchased for us. Ben was able to navigate away from the crowds and his custom ancestral anecdotes made the trip very unique and enjoyable. Thanks Ben.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Hal B
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5th Grade Field Trip”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was a chaperone today for my daughter's 5th grade field trip. Ben was our tour guide and did an outstanding job. He was passionate about his subject matter and kept the kids engaged the entire time. We all learned so much and had a lot of fun as well. Ben is an outstanding tour guide and I highly recommend him!

Jonathan Garven