“Your local coffee joint”
Review of Thinking Cup

Thinking Cup
Ranked #1 of 136 Coffee & Tea in Boston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Thinking Cup is pleased to be the first coffee shop in Downtown Boston to serve "Stumptown Coffee" exclusively. Stumptown, originating in Portland Oregon had been named “Best Coffee in the World” by NPR, The New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, and USA Today. To ensure exceptional quality and freshness we obtain our beans directly from Stumptown’s roasting facility in Brooklyn, New York.Opening its doors in December 2010, Thinking Cup is ideally located just steps from the Boston Common. We are committed to providing the premier coffee experience in Boston by serving only the finest coffees, teas, and freshly baked pastries. Was awarded Best Coffee Shop in Boston by Boston Magazine for 2011.
Boston
“Your local coffee joint”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hey, people really like to come here. its just so evident. their coffee is great. Their food, well prepared. Not a rip off. Staff very nice.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Best in Boston”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hands down the best coffee in Boston. The service is fantastic. If you're not a coffee drinker, the hot chocolate is INSANE. The food here is great too and I feel that the prices are extremely reasonable. I go as often as possible.

Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“From Seattle - needed good coffee!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

After a 2 week long east coast road trip and many disappointing stops at Dunkin Donuts, we finally arrived in Boston. Walking through the Boston Commons, my aunt was remarking out loud that she wished we could find a good cup of coffee. This guy walking by heard us and pointed us to the Thinking Cup which is right across the street from the Commons! They serve stumptown coffee which I love and I got a super delicious iced vanilla spice latte. Never tried vanilla spice before and I was hooked! So good! And the little cheesy biscuit pasteries that they had were super good too. They actually had a lot of different pasteries and desserts and we even all bought tshirts and a mug after our third visit because it was so good and we like to collect cool coffee mugs from places when we travel (typical Seattleite, right? ha). Anyways, I saw on here some reviews that say it is too crowded. It does get busy but that just means that it's good! The baristas were all really friendly and up for a little chat while they make your coffee. I would certainly reccommend stopping here for a coffee and then enjoy it in the cafe or sip it while you stroll the commons. I will be back next time I'm in Boston!

• Visited August 2013
Thinkingcup, Owner at Thinking Cup, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Terra: Just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful review. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stunning flavors and service!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Referred by a colleague of mine, this has become my favorite coffee place in Boston. Right across from the Common, it has a beautiful display of delicious treats up front. My European friends enjoy the baked goods - incredible coconut macaroons, perfect biscotti, and the apple tart? Large, light, perfectly baked apples over a mild, creamy marzipan base enclosed in flaky pastry. This can not be missed! All coffees and teas are fresh, delicious, and artistically presented. Their wonderful grilled cheese menu offers combinations with a range of savory ingredients and breads; nourishing soups and creative, enticing specials. And truly every time I've been there the service has been warm, welcoming, professional and knowledgeable. Young people with energy and humor any time of day, whether hyper busy or calm, they are a pleasure. I wish I had discovered this place sooner!

• Visited October 2013
Thinkingcupboston, Owner at Thinking Cup, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am glad you have noticed how great our employees are. We are very lucky to have the team we have. Hope to see you again in the near future.
“Too crowded”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The coffee and pastries are great here but it is just way too crowded, and there is almost never an empty seat. I so badly want this to be a coffee shop where you can sit and read a book but it's just too crowded.

Visited November 2013
I agree we can be a bit crowded at times but I like to believe the quality is well worth it. I like to point out that we have a more spacious location at 236 Hanover Street in the North End and we will be oping an location on Newbury Street in the very near future. Hope you will give us another chance.