“Awesome spot, great macarons and coffee” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thinking Cup
Ranked #1 of 213 Coffee & Tea in Boston
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Thinking Cup is pleased to be the first coffee shop in Downtown Boston to serve "Stumptown Coffee" exclusively. Stumptown, originating in Portland Oregon had been named “Best Coffee in the World” by NPR, The New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, and USA Today. To ensure exceptional quality and freshness we obtain our beans directly from Stumptown’s roasting facility in Brooklyn, New York.Opening its doors in December 2010, Thinking Cup is ideally located just steps from the Boston Common. We are committed to providing the premier coffee experience in Boston by serving only the finest coffees, teas, and freshly baked pastries. Was awarded Best Coffee Shop in Boston by Boston Magazine for 2011.
Lawrence, Kansas
“Awesome spot, great macarons and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Located near Emerson College, the Thinking Cup offers a variety of coffees, sandwiches, pastries. Its coffee is superb. I ordered latte prepared a by genial barista who was able to craft the drink the way it should be. I like macarons, and they have a good selection, delight and delectable. My only complaint is the crowds and wait. But this coffeehouse looks and feels real with folks working, reading, and talking. Near the Boylston green station, it is a lovely place to spend time with coffee.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Cozy coffee, tea, and pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I only wish the Thinking Cup hadn't become so popular, as it's almost always totally crowded in the afternoon! You may have to wait a bit to get a table, but it's worth it. Delicious pastries, especially the breads (banana bread is my favorite). Nice tea and coffee selection, very rich hot chocolate. A bit pricey. It hits the spot on a cold winter day after being out on the Commons. Try to burrow in during off-hours.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Great coffe/snack place by the commons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stopped by here for coffee and snacks by the commons. It seemed packed and we had to wait a little bit to get a table. The prices were a little high, but the food was good. We had a quinoa salad (first time I've seen this anywhere) and a sandwich.

Visited December 2012
“Relaxing, and excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

It was a great experience! I bought a cappuccino and a raspberry macaroon for around $6, and it was delicious. The barista took his time to draw a heart with the foam, and i didn't feel like my order had been rushed through. I'm going back tomorrow for breakfast because I heard their croissants are delicious!

Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
“Great Café”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went here three days in a row for breakfast as it is close to our hotel. The atmosphere was really nice. I liked their choice of music. It was quite relaxing. Food was great as well. I enjoyed my chocolate croissant and breakfast sandwich a lot. Coffee was awesome!! I'm not usually a great fan of coffee, but the latte and mocha I tried brightened my morning! If I'm ever visiting Boston again, I will definitely stop by and grab a coffee!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Thinking Cup? Share your experiences!