“Just like Nonna's!”

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of finally visiting this fine restaurant after seeing it on triple D about 2 years ago and man was it wprth the wait! The experience was phenominal starting from the moment we walked in the door. Jim was wonderful and very kind....didn't rush us and enjoyed talking with us...he even sat down while we ordered to go over the menu which I loved. My boyfriend ordered the chicken parm with Ziti and I ordered the halibut margarita with the best potatoes I've ever had and both were outrageous and brought me back to my childhood memories. We wanted to order meatballs at the end because we wanted to try them but were too full....however Jim sent 2 in a take out container for us to take home for later. All around great experience and restaurant. Cant wait to return

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Awesome food! The owner was very friendly. Everything was fresh and tasted homemade. We had spicy calamari that was wonderful and pizza and veal parmigiano. We will be back the next time we come to Boston.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a fabulous time here the night before a cruise. My son was anxious to try this place after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was a short walk from our hotel and the portions were large. They owners were even kind enough to provide us with a complimentary appetizer since we had traveled so far and could not decide on whether we really wanted it or not.

The place is small, so be prepared to wait or opt to dine outside on the rear patio.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were privileged to visit the Italian Express Pizzeria in May and it was quite possibly the best Italian food I ever tasted. Loved everything about the meal and the owner. Not sure when I will get back to Boston, but when I do, I will definitely return to this establishment. As an aside, the owner opened up outside patio dining just for us. It was a gorgeous night in mid-May and he really didn't have to do this, but it made the evening just perfect.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

While visiting Boston we traveled over to the East side to give this restaurant a try based on reviews. First thing was I didn't get my drink for 30 minutes after being seated and wouldn't have even got it then if I wouldn't have stopped the girl busing tables to ask for it. The waitress was friendly for the few seconds she spent at our table but was preoccupied with talking to one table and pretty much ignored everyone else in the place. There was only maybe five occupied tables in the entire restaurant and we still waiting an hour for our food. The waitress got our order wrong and only brought out one salad, so we just decided it would be easier to share that then wait for another since the only waitress in the entire place was still just focusing on that one table. I finally got my meatballs and spaghetti. The sauce was good but the meatballs tasted like soggy meatloaf with almost no flavor, the person with me didn't like their dinner at all either. I wish I could say my experience was good here!