“First visit to Boston”

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
“First visit to Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Awesome food! The owner was very friendly. Everything was fresh and tasted homemade. We had spicy calamari that was wonderful and pizza and veal parmigiano. We will be back the next time we come to Boston.

• Visited July 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
San Diego
“A Nice Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a fabulous time here the night before a cruise. My son was anxious to try this place after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was a short walk from our hotel and the portions were large. They owners were even kind enough to provide us with a complimentary appetizer since we had traveled so far and could not decide on whether we really wanted it or not.

The place is small, so be prepared to wait or opt to dine outside on the rear patio.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sad I don't live in Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were privileged to visit the Italian Express Pizzeria in May and it was quite possibly the best Italian food I ever tasted. Loved everything about the meal and the owner. Not sure when I will get back to Boston, but when I do, I will definitely return to this establishment. As an aside, the owner opened up outside patio dining just for us. It was a gorgeous night in mid-May and he really didn't have to do this, but it made the evening just perfect.

• Visited May 2014
“Waitress Focused On Just One Table!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

While visiting Boston we traveled over to the East side to give this restaurant a try based on reviews. First thing was I didn't get my drink for 30 minutes after being seated and wouldn't have even got it then if I wouldn't have stopped the girl busing tables to ask for it. The waitress was friendly for the few seconds she spent at our table but was preoccupied with talking to one table and pretty much ignored everyone else in the place. There was only maybe five occupied tables in the entire restaurant and we still waiting an hour for our food. The waitress got our order wrong and only brought out one salad, so we just decided it would be easier to share that then wait for another since the only waitress in the entire place was still just focusing on that one table. I finally got my meatballs and spaghetti. The sauce was good but the meatballs tasted like soggy meatloaf with almost no flavor, the person with me didn't like their dinner at all either. I wish I could say my experience was good here!

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great menu, great food, great people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went there following a review on the food channel. And it was every bit up to our expectations and more. The place is fun, the wait staff (Aunt Gail) (home for a few days from the nursing home) that's what she told us anyway :) she was a hoot and made our visit so worth the effort. We need to return to try more menu items as everything looks deserving of a chance to stimulate our palates. My suggestion is you get ghee as soon as possible to enjoy a fantastic venue. Know they have a patio if the weather is nice. Hope you have as good a time as we did. Maybe we will see you there!!!!

• Visited June 2014