“Neighborhood Dining at it's best!”

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Neighborhood Dining at it's best!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This is neighborhood dining at it's best. The two owners treat every customer that walks through the door like family. They work hard at their craft and enjoy interacting with their customers. You will want to eat everything but won't be able to as the portions are huge. Everybody has their own neighborhood "joint" to eat at but when in Boston this is only 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from Boston Commons. Stop in and say hi to the "boys" and have lunch or dinner. Get a take home container so you can save room for their world famous cannolies and red velvet cake. Everything is made from scratch, nothing frozen, and tastes delicious!!! Gotta try it!

Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great fun. Good food. Excellent comaradarie... Owners very friendly! And fabulous red velvet cake so save room for dessert!

1 Thank MarniSawyer
“Not as good as others say.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I recently ate a midday meal at the Italian Express Pizza Restaurant in East Boston. We were encouraged to try this restaurant from reading other reviews, and by watching an episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives on t.v. when it was featured on the show. We had quite had expectations as a result, and were somewhat disappointed.
I ordered a cheese pizza with onions and anchovies, and my wife had the same basic pizza with roasted eggplant and meatballs. The restaurant was not particularly busy at the time, so there was no pressure on the cook(s).
I should say that my wife is of Italian American heritage, and I would take her pizza any day over the fare at this restaurant. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the pizzas. It's just that they were very average, not much better than you can get at the regular chains.
Portion size was good, and service was okay. No problem with cleanliness. Prices were competitive, but not a great deal as we were led to believe.
For someone not familiar with the area, and without a GPS, the small restaurant is very difficult to find, and I pride myself on being able to navigate areas I have never been to before. We got lost on the way there. When we asked for directions from the proprietor on leaving, he was not able to give any street names, and, consequently, we got lost again on the way out. Trying to find parking in the area is a nightmare, although the area had just had a significant amount of snow come down. It just seems to me that if it is going to be that difficult to find a restaurant, and then have trouble finding a place to park, the restaurant better be good, and this place was definitely not worth the effort.

• Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Cozy little place”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Interesting small "local" restaurant where the owner, Jim came out and sat down and chit chatted for a while and explained what was on the menu to us. I ordered a veal parm with his homemade pasta/sauce. I was impressed. It felt as though I was eating at his house! Pretty cool.

The only con: No credit cards accepted!

If in Boston again, I'll be back

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Billiam88
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Good pizza-quick service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice place to get a quick lunch with ready-to-serve slices if you choose. Simple, authentic tasting pizza. I was glad it was available when I was short on time.

Visited November 2013