“Best Italian food in Boston without the high prices and tourists of the North End”

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My title summarizes my sentiments perfectly; if you're interested in quality, REAL Italian food without the high prices of the North End, Italian Express Pizzeria is where you need to go. Jimmy, Jonathan and everyone who works there are so down-to-earth and treat you like family. Ask for Mayor Menino's favorite appetizer - you won't be sorry.

1  Thank ANDREW F

Reviewed November 13, 2013

On a recent trip to New England, I flew into Boston Logan Airport and looked up the Italian Express Pizzaria after I recalled seeing a special on Diners, Drive In's and Dives. It was really close to the airport and easy to locate. What an adorable little building setup in the East Boston neighborhood! It was 11am, and being the first customer, I entered and met Jim whom I recognized from the show. Jim was awesome! He was making the first pizza of the day and I ordered a slice and the Fruitti De Mare with a glass of red wine. I can honestly say I have been all over the world and had this dish in Rome, France, and Spain. NONE was better than what Jim put in front of me that day! You can find a video on YouTube featuring these dishes.

After spending a few days working in Maine and Vermont, I came back to IEP on my way out of Boston and had to order the Haddock Margarita. It was absolutely the best fish dish I have ever had. The lemon butter sauce was so amazing I was dipping my bread, coating my potatoes, and using my spoon just to get it all.

This place and these guys, especially Jim, are awesome and this place is a must seek out and try place for everyone in or coming to Boston. When I return, I plan on the the eggplant rollotini.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were in Boston as part of our tour of shutdown national parks and staying in the Logan Airport area. Italian Express was about four blocks from our hotel.

We went to Italian Express one night for a late dinner. We stuck with pizza and the cheese stuffed fried ravioli. (Fried meat ravioli is a big thing in St Louis. It has floated down the Mississippi to our neck of the woods.) They gave us some packets of duck sauce to go with the ravioli. I was surprised at how well it went with the ravioli. They also gave us a samling of another entree that they had recommended. All the food was great.

The two guys who run the place are very personable. Our ten year old daughter asked one why they described everything on the menu as famous. He told her it started out as a joke but now everything is famous. And for a good reason.

The dining are is small. It appeared to us that they had a brisk carry out business. I can understand why. If we go back I'll try some of the other items. The menu is huge.

Cash only but very reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was in town for the weekend visiting friends and went to Italian Express Pizzeria. The food was all fresh and homemade. Portions were huge as well. I had enough left over to eat the next day which is always a bonus. The staff and service were quick and very friendly. If just visiting or a resident of the area you MUST try this place! It will be worth your time.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We found this joint by accident in June. Walked from hotel and were just hoping it was decent. Turns out it was really great. Best marinara I have had. Pizza was fabulous too. We flew back all the way from Denver for a quick anniversary weekend and an other meal. Hoping it was as good as the first time and it did not disappoint! Owner even surprised us with a special anniversary dessert! We will definitely try to get back here again soon. Thanks Jim, from your long distance regulars from Denver!