“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Italian Express Pizzeria

Italian Express Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 3,112 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the World Famous - Italian Express Pizzeria. Featured on the Food Network's - "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri. We offer the Best Italian Food, Pizza, Pasta, and Seafood in Boston! All dishes are made-to-order from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. We use only the Finest and Freshest ingredients in all of our meals. Enjoy our delicious food by eat-in, take-out, delivery, and catering. We have a beautiful dining room with lively music and a seasonal outdoor patio. We pride ourselves on serving the "Best Food for the Best Value"! Also, make sure you checkout our extensive Drink Menu that includes: Wine, Beer, Sangria, Martinis, Cocktails, and Cordials. We look forward to serving you soon and becoming your new favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria!
boston massachusetts
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Awesome meal! out with great friends to have a nice meal. We succeeded, the food was delicious ( cooked to order) , the owners are present and working to accommodate everyone. The portions are large so plan to take some home. Easy to find parking. Would highly recommend Italian express pizzeria to anyone looking to eat somewhere in East Boston.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Boulder, Colorado
“Would go back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Monday (walked from hotel). Place was empty @ 11:30 so Iooked over the menu and decided on the chicken cacciatore w/spaghetti. With a drink I think it came out to around $14 which I thought was a bit expensive for a single lunch serving but I wanted to try the place out. When the order came out it was huge and would easily feed 2 people or provide lunch for the next day. The chicken was lightly battered and tasty. The sauce was very good but a bit watery. The onions and peppers were undercooked for my taste (marinating them first would make a world of difference). But as a whole, the meal was very good compared to many other places i have been to for italian outside of the Northeast. The side of bread was also tasty although warming it up would be a nice touch. If I was back in town I would definitely stop in again to try something else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food and hospitality at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A trip to East Boston is not complete without eating a meal here. We had excellent service from the friendly staff and will definitely visit again next time we're in town. I had the untypically Italian fish & chips cooked just the way I like it, the deserts are to die for, especially the Red Velvet Cake. Our previous visit was for takeaway Pizza - delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kevin M
“Great Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

When I walked into this intimate eatery, it felt warm and inviting. I was promptly greeted with friendly staff and before I knew it, I had a drink in my hand and delicious food on my plate. I had, and strongly recommend, the haddock margarita. The fish had a wonderful crunch and the flavor of the lemon and other spices just made a perfect bite. The potatoes that accompanied the dish were also delicious. The portions are large -- you won't go hungry eating here! The owner came out to greet his customers personally and made sure everyone in the place was stuffed and happy. I highly recommend Italian Express!

Malden, Massachusetts
“Best Red Sauce I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great service, large portions, amazing food not to mention Sangria at reasonable prices. What more can you ask for? But you do get more two owners that really care and make you feel at home. It doesn't get better than that.