“The best, not in the city, but in the country.”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very good address to make turn pale the French leaders who cook an art in full measure. A wonderful service, a thin card (signification of cool products) and a lot of attention. A fantastic digestion, especially when the leader comes to give us a glass of champagne the French of passage. Not to miss.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

It was a long wait, 1.5 hours or so but that's to be expected on a Saturday night in Boston. We killed time at the cocktail lounge next door until our table was ready. We went the "raw bar" route with oysters, clams, shrimp and lobster and all were fresh and delicious. Finished the meal off with a chocolate pudding served in a glass jar. It had fresh whipped cream, fried ganache and warm little beignets on top. Very good. I'd go back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I prefer this place to any other oyster restaurant/bar in Boston, and I have been to lots of them. The oysters are the best and there is a wonderful selection. They have great wine choices and the staff is incredible good. It gets very crowded, so I would suggest reservations for a table. One person or a couple might get a seat at the bar.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This has a very European look and feel to it, which was refreshing; the interior was great, stylish and with a busy vibrant atmosphere.  Service was excellent, waiters were really friendly, attentive and helpful.

Food was okay, but not as good as I was expecting from reading reviews on here.  I'm comparing ICOB's food  with other top seafood restaurants I've been to. The ICOB oysters were fresh and surprisingly big, but nothing special in flavour terms.  The lobster was over-cooked, and a little tough.  The prawns were huge, but their size did not equate to flavour, which was subtle at best.  During my stay in Boston I was served better quality elsewhere (the oysters from Legal the following night had a much better flavour, I'm sorry to say!)

All in all, a cool venue, but I wasn't impressed by the quality of the ingredients.  Shame!  Whilst this was good overall, there's better in Boston.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was attached to our hotel in Boston. Great service and atmosphere. Oysters a little pricey(2.50 a piece ). My wife had the clam chowder she enjoyed it I had the burger, very good.