“Incredible oysters and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Creek Oyster Bar

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Incredible oysters and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went here for dinner - the raw bar selections were amazing - the oysters were delicious and among the best I've ever had. The shrimp were huge and perfectly prepared. The menu isn't very large but it doesn't need to be as everything they do is done well. Great beer and wine selection along with some very nice cocktails. Ordered the scallops and the lobster roe noodles - both were perfectly prepared and incredibly fresh. Also had a bowl of the chowder - I loved it but my fiance felt the potatoes weren't quite right. But that was a minor complaint.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Fresh oyster and delicious lobster roe noodles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was here for business and stayed at Hotel Commonwealth, which is where the restaurant is located.

When we arrived, it was really crowded and we waited for about 10 minutes until 2 seats open up at the bar. We ordered a dozen oyster to share and then my colleage ordered the salmon, while I ordered the lobster roe noodles. Oysters were really fresh and delicious. The lobster roe noodles was really amazing. I found that the lobster was a little overcooked, but the taste was amazing. It was really delicious and made me want to order another one!

Before they brought the lobster roe noodles to me, they actually got the order wrong and brought me a lobster roll instead. I told them that I ordered the lobster roe noodles, and they apologized, and quickly brought me the noodles.

After the meal, we ordered Apple crisp and Boston cream pie for desert, and they told us that the dessert are on the house since they brought us the wrong entry. Classy! Amazing service right there!!!

Highly recommended! Not to be missed!

Lisbon, Portugal
“Great seafood experience and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

One of the best meals ever around the world. Very good atmosphere with friendly staff. Oyster selection is very good and gourmet main course based on lobster and noodles was superb. Weiss beer poured into glass like I've never seen (tried at home and wasted a good beer). Dessert was classic Boston cream pie with an original chef look. Ended up with a rye Whistle Pig ;-)

London
“Buzzing modern restaurant with excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The service here was just fantastic. We couldn't decide which oysters to have so she brought us a selection - all were delicious but the Island Creeks were by far the winners. We then had our main courses which were also fantastic and on top I ordered the Buttermilk biscuit - this was so delicious that I took it home and ate it for breakfast and have since found the recipe to make my own! This restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere with an open oyster bar where they are continually shucking oysters (without leaving any grit or shell!). The only down side is that the wine by the bottle is extremely expensive with the entry prices starting at $55. We had a bottle for $70 which was excellent (and recommended by the amazing waitress) but it still felt too steep. Would recommend a visit and definitely recommend the island creek oysters.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Flawless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had champagne and oysters previously here but wanted to come back for the whole dinner experience. We're local, and we dined with my out of town brother and his girl friend. We all know food and this was good food.

Reservations on a moderately busy Sunday night were promptly honored, and we were honored with the best table in the restaurant. Service was attentive without being snooty or pushy or overly fast-paced. We enjoyed a correctly priced White Burgandy.

The four of us shared three entrees - the blue fish, the lobster roe pasta, and the trout, and three apps - fried cauliflower, mushrooms, and roasted potatoes. First though, were a dozen perfect oysters on the half shell. All were exquisite (wouldn't expect less with regard to the oysters).

We'll be back again soon.