“It's ALL about the Oysters” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Island Creek Oyster Bar

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,100 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Toronto, Canada
“It's ALL about the Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had the pleasure of dining with my spouse at ICOB in July of this year.
It's considered to be one of the best restaurants in Boston, and I would agree it should be on the list of anyone looking for dining options in Boston.
The food here is best summarized by the title of this review - It's ALL about the oysters! Their raw bar is by far, the most exceptional I've ever sampled. We tried a dozen oysters, 6 different varieties in total. All were amazing. All kinds of accompanyments to experiment with to top the oysters, from traditional mignonette to a variety of hot sauces. Really, this portion of our meal was exceptional, memorable and flawless. Also - MUST try the oyster sliders - really good!
We were less impressed with the mains. I had monkfish, and my wife had the Lobster Roe noodles. My dish was only OK - they'd burnt the spaetzle in the dish, and the fish was rather drab in taste. The noodle dish was tasty but VERY heavy. After half the dish, you were done with it. Overall mains were a bit of a let-down after the stellar oysters.
Tried a desert offering (take on a strawberry shortcake but in donut form) - Quite good.
Wine offerings are many, and good. Easy to find an affordable bottle to match with your meal.
Service is overall good, although my initial server had a bit of the "I'm cooler than thou" hipster attitude which I find rather humerous more than off-putting.
Decor definitely has WOW factor. Beautiful, modern.
Next time we're in Boston I will return, but only for the raw oysters (OK and maybe the oyster sliders) A dozen each followed by desert, and you've got the perfect night out!

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Iselin NJ
“FRESH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Oysters are top notch, especially LOVED the oyster slider. Don't pass that appetizer up. The salmon, scallops, and monkfish were cooked to perfect with accompanying vegs. The wait staff is superb, attentive without being overbearing. The menu is pricey, but sooo worth it. Hip, comfortable atmosphere

Trinidad
“It's all about the raw bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This restaurant is all about the raw bar. Yes there were other items on the menu and we tried some but did not find them exceptional. This restaurant had very good standards in the handling of its raw shellfish and the variety was amazing. We really enjoyed trying the different varieties of oysters.
The restaurant is noisy and very busy. Reservations are a must. Service was decent.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The quality does not add up to the value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had brunch there on Sunday with a friend. While, the portions are a good size the service is a bit slow and the lobster roll is filled with onions (which is a real shame). IThe quality just does not add up to the value, too expensive.

• 2 of 5 stars
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Come for the seafood, stay for the veggies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was lucky enough to wander into this restaurant early enough to be seated immediately--5:30--and it was wonderful! I was particularly impressed with my server's knowledge of wines (a nice wine list with some bottles you don't see very often, particularly by the glass) and his descriptions of various dishes. His comments made it far easier for me to choose an entree I would be happy with. He offered some great suggestions for sides and salads to go with the entree and they were uniformly wonderful! I highly recommend the heirloom tomato, goat cheese, and grilled eggplant salad with pine nuts. Next time I may just order two of those--it was that good! Everything I tasted was obviously fresh and presented very nicely. By the way, as impressed as I was with my server, I don't think he was an anomoly; every server I observed seemed to be just as professional and helpful. If you don't have a reservation, get there early - the place was packed on a Wednesday by 6:00 pm.