“Boston visit post snow”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Arrived late and managed to get the last of the dinner menu. The food was excellent and the oysters from the raw bar were good too. I did not drink from the wine list, but it was a good selection for by-the-glass.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm in Boston for business, knowing that I should have an incredible experience with the freshest seafood and most perfect oysters. A "local" told me about Island Creek and I went there for a business dinner that very evening. HIt: arrive early enough, because even on a Monday, this place rocks.

My business guest and I split a dozen oysters, he also had the Crab Carbonara and I had the Fluke. Wine great, cocktails great. That said, when you go, these items may not even be on the menu, which is printed daily, based upon what is farmed. When the oysters are delivered, the server tells which is which, and leaves you a list, in order, of which is which. OK, maybe that's pretty typical (it is) of restaurants where fresh oysters is a main attraction, so let's talk about the service itself. Very fluid, there is a main server and 1-2 additional "helpers," for lack of a better word, which made up the team who made sure we had the best experience ever. My business guest's phone was nearly battery drained, and the server took the phone and his charger and charged it for him during our meal.

The environment is modern/rustic...very comfortable, great lighting.

I say, " go, and go often."

I can't wait to return

1  Thank socalgalx4
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been here twice so far and each time has been great. Fab service, great ambiance, super fresh seafood. The reason to go is the freshest oysters you'll ever have. The reason to stay is the great beverage list, great apps and entrees. Fun for groups. The only weak spot is dessert, but that's by no means a slight. They're just focused on what they do best -- fantastic farm-to-table oysters.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Island Creek Oyster Bar is a great place for brunch if you're in the Fenway area. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for the weekend and had Sunday brunch at ICOB. They offer a large drink selection and many different kinds of oysters to choose from. I'm not an oyster guy, but my wife had a few and loved them. We ordered the lobster omelet and the quiche and both were great. We snacked on a pastry basket beforehand, which came with a variety of pastries such as a cinnamon bun, muffin, bagel and a few other treats. The price is definitely not for the struggling college student, but if it's worth it if you want a nice, elegant brunch in Boston.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The best selection of oysters in Boston. Simple and tasty food. Very sophisticated wine list. The atmosphere is friendly and staff is very professional. I love this place. The only problem with it is to make a reservation on the weekends. If want to go there make it in advance 3-5 days.