“Always awesome for dinner, impressive brunch!”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've been to ICOB for dinner many times over the past several years and it's always fantastic so I figured it was time to try it out for brunch. Brunch is consistently a struggle for me , as a I can never decide whether to go with a sweet or a savory option. Fortunately I was able to do both at ICOB because the party that I was with agreed to start the meal by sharing the fresh baked pastry basket. This is a must have if you eat there for brunch. Every item was fresh, delicious, and big enough to divide 4 ways ( a piece for each person at the table). For an entree, I ordered the famous lobster role which was also flavorful and filling. I didn't have room to finish the accompanying chips and coleslaw. The service at Island Creek was professional, fun and knowledgeable. The proper silverware was dropped on time, sugar was brought with the coffee etc. These may seem like minor details, but they are details that restaurants often forget. What's clear at ICOB, is that everyone pays attention to the tables and is well trained. Regardless of mealtime, this restaurant is a "must try" in Boston.

1  Thank LB02111
There are newer reviews for Island Creek Oyster Bar

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were there in December around Christmas while we were visiting Boston. The lobster roll and oysters were fresh and tasty, but we were most impressed by their Lobster Roe Noodles. it has pieces of braised short ribs, grilled lobster an oyster mushrooms in it, topped with shaved pecorino. It is a very flavorful dish. On a side note, if you walk towards the back to the restaurant, on the wall, are oyster shells in metal cages mounted on the wall. The manager told us that some of the staff, including himself, helped put them together. If you talk to him, he can tell you more about the design of the restaurant, quite interesting. Nice experience despite of the slightly higher prices compared to other restaurants we dined at during our stay in Boston.

1  Thank BON2travel
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Celebrating my husband's birthday - we picked the right place - we had amazing servers - picked my cocktail for me - my husband had the best oysters he's ever had - they had many different types and they were delish! Great atmosphere and service - yummy food and drink and they even gave us a little birthday desert for my hubby -- we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Simply put, if you like lobster, ya gotta have this lobster roll!! FULL of chuncks of lobster and not a lot of mayo/dressing, which is fabulous!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The restaurant is in a beautifully designed space and our reservations have always been well handled. Kudos also to the people who handle parking. The table service ranges from indifferent to quite good.

As I don't eat oysters or raw shellfish in general, I can't comment on the oysters. My partner--who raves about this restaurant--loves the oyster selection and finds them to be the freshest of any restaurant. This is no small thing.

When it comes to other items on the menu, I have sampled widely over several visits, including different soups and chowders, the ceviche, the fish and chips, and Mrs. Bennett's Seafood Casserole. Nothing I've eaten rises above mediocre. Without exception, the food is underseasoned, clumsily prepared, and uninteresting.

After our last visit, with friends from France, I swore I wouldn't go back. With the exception of the oysters, I don't think this restaurant is particularly good.

1  Thank drsampson