“Best restaurant in Boston - perfection!”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everything about this place is A+. Especially for Oyster/Seafood lovers. Awesome drinks too! Service is always outstanding.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Believe all the hype; it really is THAT GOOD! This place is fabulous! We had dinner here over the weekend during our visit to Boston and it did NOT disappoint. We had reservations at the dining bar which provides you with a bartender that services only that small end of the bar; very personalized. Beer selection is nice; wine selection is extensive and their crafty cocktails are not to be missed. We started out with a variety of raw oysters - Kumamoto, Shigoku and Island Creek - all excellent! They were perfectly shucked and provided us with that "kiss of the sea" succulence. My significant other had a fried oyster slider before our meal which he loved. For the main courses, we ordered the ricotta gnocchi with lobster, caramelized fennel and black trumpet mushrooms and the lobster roe noodles which showcased the most delicious braised short ribs we've ever eaten. It was my guy's birthday so they ended our dining experience with some homemade shortbread and Happy Birthday elegantly written in chocolate; they didn't have to, but they did...what a nice touch!

If ever in Boston, you must give it a try!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Maybe no restaurant is ever as awe-inspiring as your first experience there. Rest assured, I would still go back to Island Creek Oyster Bar -- and recommend it highly. The staff is excellent ... very attentive. We started with the scallop ceviche. Regrettably, no scallop ceviche holds a candle to Elbow Beach ... but that's another story. And we had the Lobster Roll. Very decadent. Delicious. (Again, not the very best lobster roll I've had, but another high hurdle.) I would recommend sticking with the plainest seafood and fish ... that's where ICOB shines brightest.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I visited Island Creek last evening with a colleague while attending a conference. She had received the recommendation from a friend and I checked it out on Trip Advisory before we went. In an "oyster shell" ; ), every menu item we sampled hit the spot! I am an oyster lover but prefer them grilled, smoked or fried rather than on the shell. If you feel the same, you have to try the oyster sliders! They were out if this world! The oysters were fresh, not chewy and the fresh garnish and light chili aioli was a perfect compliment. You can order them single or in multiples. I had two, and if I hadn't been so excited to try the lobster roll; I would have made a meal of it! As it turns out, I'm glad I didn't! Although it is the only lobster roll I have ever had, and I have no frame of reference; it was delicious. Again freshness was the rule of the day. The lobster was definitely the main event but the light dressing and buttery roll along with the kettle chips and fresh coleslaw really topped it off! My colleague ordered the scallops, which was my second choice. We sampled one another's entrees and the scallops were superb! Our collective bill was just a little over $100 and we left thoroughly satisfied. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere, very good food, and service. Everything from apps to entrees and desserts were all very good. Wood definitely go back.