“Fresh and delicious seafood”

Island Creek Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ate at the Island Creek Oyster Bar when visiting Boston last week and we were not disappointed. The staff were welcoming and hepfull, and happy to help with the menu. The oysters were fresh and delicious, I tried 3 recommended by our waiter and they were excellent. Our mains were also extremelly tasty, and I opted for scallops which were very large, tasty and cooked to perfection. The restaurant has a nice feel with a mix of diners, some very casual some very smart - very welcoming with swift service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,799)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food was good, not exceptional, the prices are a bit high (6 oysters +1 shelfish appetizer+ seafood casserole for 2, with a USD 36.00 wine - total USD 150.00), but I guess that's Boston...

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I came here for date night because we wanted to treat ourselves. It had been over a year since our last time here, and we knew it would cost us over $100, so we waiting a while. It was just as good as we remembered. We started with a round of oysters, so fresh, so crisp, briny and perfect. He had his favorite cocktail: Tom Collins, and I had two different beers, one German and the other from my favorite local brewery, Pretty Things. They have a great selection at Island Creek. Next we moved on to sharing a few small dishes: the gazpacho, roasted corn and something else that I'm not recalling. The gazpacho had chunks of lobster in it, quite a surprise! The corn was great, oh and the bread they serve was wonderfully warm. Can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank parker617
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went yesterday with a reservation to the restaurant, very busy very crowded. We got seated at a high table which I personally dislike but nothing else available. Our waiter changed in the course of the meal and I had to ask 2 times to get our drinks. First drink was served ( a simple beer) after starters were finished ( the oysters were a delight!). The main course that followed. Was also great, but again tried to catch the waiter for some more water. The water came with the unasked bill, which have us the feeling to get out in order to place some other clients at the table. The food was excellent however it was a ruined evening. For sure not a visit next time in Boston.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

While in Boston, I had the good fortune of dining at the Island Creek Oyster Bar. There were no tables, so we ate at the bar. They were very busy, and it took awhile for the waiter to acknowledge us, but once he did, the service was great. And the food and drinks were divine. Excellent selection of oysters, fresh seafood and turf. Prepared impeccably to showcase the flavors of the fresh ingredients, not buried under unnecessary sauces. Divine. And the bartenders are GREAT. Enough said. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere!