“parfait !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deuxave

Deuxave
Reserve with OpenTable
Deuxave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Massachusetts Avenue
Transit: Green Line Hynes Convention center #1 Bus Stop at Commonwealth Ave
Description: Co-Owners Brian Piccini, Executive Chef Christopher Coombs & General Manager/Sommelier Jason Irving are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant's American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave's (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.
geneva switzerland
“parfait !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

one of the best meals ever .. worldwide .. better than some michelin starred restos we've tried .. our hotel got us a table for the same night, but it was a monday ! only the chocolate rocky dessert (can't remember the exact name) wasn't up to our liking, but every other dish was tasty, innovative and served hot (very important) .. good portions too ! .. we were so full we walked back to our hotel instead of taking the planned taxi LOL ..

it was a quiet night so can't comment on when it's full but nice ambiance, good service, but not over-the-top .. let's keep it simple and the food good ! exactly what we prefer ..

expensive ? probably a bit ~USD 180.- for 2 appetisers, 2 mains, 2 desserts and only water as drinks but worth it !

do urself a favour and go there !

• Turkish first
Oxford
“Food was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food at Deuxave is truly excellent. For entrees we had their special trio of salmon and duck breast. For mains we had the pork and chicken. All four dishes were excellent! Dessert was also very good. For the food we would go back on a heartbeat.

However, initially things did not look very good. We had booked our tale at least one month ahead of time. However, when we arrived we were put in the worst table ever: stuck in a corner somewhere in the tiniest table ever. We immediately asked to be moved - with the waitress stating "oh yes, that table is very tight". Although we were moved with no problems, we should never have been put there in the first place.

Another minor gripe: We ordered white wine, which was put in a wine bucket with ice next to our table (no problems in that!). However, the waiter decided to also put other people's wines in our bucket. By the end of our entrees I was so fed up of the clinking of bottles and waiters constantly swarming over our table moving bottles, that I stood up and moved the wine bucket as far as I could.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and the food was excellent hence my 5. However, I did find the service a bit lacking.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sao Paulo, SP
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I loved all of it (almost). The service was impeccable with a ton of wine knowledge (even got a surprise tasting of the wines he didn't recommend so that we could see the difference), the duck confit and the lamb were tremendous, and the dessert was good but not amazing.

I would go back here in a heartbeat and highly recommend it!

1 Thank GlobalGlutton14159
Tampa, Florida, United States
“So good I had to go twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I went to Deuxave twice because I wanted to get a full sampling of the menu while I was in Boston all week. The first night was on Sunday after my arrival. It was slightly on the late side and snacking all day on airplane food meant I wasn't voraciously hungry. The Trip Advisor accolades were high and for a restaurant with big city prices it was actually surprising since Trip advisor reviewers frankly lean towards the "frugal." The place was empty (not the case when I returned on wednesday night). The full menu is served at the bar and Chris the bartender was attentive but not intrusive. I had the lobster gnocchi, one of the best salads (Spring vegetables) and the Opera cake (pictured).
The second visit I was hungrier. Emily was my bartender/server that night and the place was livelier. That night I had the Duck confit, French onion soup and the Halibut. On future visits I would swap out the French Onion Soup for something else - perhaps the beets. Not because there was anything wrong with the soup but because of the six dishes - oops 7 I also had the Rocky Road dessert - but because it was like Onion soup one could get elsewhere.
If you're in Boston definitely go here. Stay tuned for more of my terrific culinary cruise through Boston!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Very good restaurant. Very friendly staff. Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Restaurant has very good service. It is located in a nice área to walk. I order a peach salad but they brought instead a Green mix salad which they gave me at no cost. Both salads were good but i think the green salad was better than the peach one.
My daughter order a onion soup, which she did not finish. Honestly the soup was normal.
We share the mushrooms pasta and it was really good. My little daughter ate almost everything.
The deserts were also very good. I order a strawberry tres leches and my daughter order one that had chocolate and vanilla marshmallows. Between these two deserts the strawberry one was our favorite. The capuchino was also very good. I am planning to come back next summer hopefully when we come back to the MIT summer camp.