“Such a treat to be treated so well!”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a treat to be treated so well!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is not an inexpensive meal to say the least but it was an educational experience as well as a memorable one. The food and wine were above any experience we have had the pleasure of in the Boston area. My husband and I decided to go there because it was near his office and I was coming into the airport after being out of town for a few days. We took the advice of our outstanding waiter and were thrilled with the recommendations from meal planning to wine choices.
It is a first class experience from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. Thank you all so much!

usa
“Best in Boston”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I currently rate Menton best in Boston, ahead of Deuxave, Sorrellina etc. The dining room is more traditional but the tables are well-spaced. Important when making your reservation to specify a table on the perimeter of the room; there are tables 'floating" in the middle of the dining room that aren't as pleasant.

Enjoyed the $95 prix fixe four course meal (there was also a $115 tasting menu option) on a recent visit: seared tuna appetizer, ravioli (rather than fish), duck two ways, cake with panacotta. Four options offered for each of the four courses. My guest took the crab appetizer, halibut for the fish course, and a vegetarian option (gnocchi) for the main. All were very well-prepared, well-sized and attractively presented.

There are various amuse bouche that aren't especially exciting and the breads could be upgraded but the core of the menu was profound, professional and delicious. The wine list is also thorough and well-selected.

Service throughout was impeccable. staff are personable, very well-informed about the menu and work together flawlessly as a team.

Valet parking ($18) is convenient. You will not have to hand your claim check to a waiter twenty minutes before departure.

1 Thank spencerusa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service almost outshines the spectacular food”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Which is a tough thing to do at this place. I wandered past this walking to hotel from a conference and was drawn in by the Relais & Chateau emblem on the door. I thought it was a hotel as I didn't realize they badged restaurants as well. Was I in for a pleasant surprise! Amazing dining experience. You must visit to experience. I dined alone, which is usually not the most enjoyable dining experience but the excellent service made this one of the best meals in recent memory.

1 Thank Elizabeth W
Squantum, Massachusetts
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I really didn't want to go. It was for a friends birthday that we went in a small group. I am sorry I waited so long to eat here. It was probably the best meal I ever ate. The service is beyond fabulous, I felt as if I were eating at a friend's house, an extremely good cook and friend. From beginning to end the meal was perfect in every way. I have some constraints as to some foods I cannot eat and they made special courses just for me so I didn't have to forego anything. The flavors and preparation of each course was executed such that I had a feast of taste, texture and visual perfection. What a treat! I now want to go there for MY birthday!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Smaartone
old saybrook, ct
“one the best experiences we've ever had”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

the tasting menu albeit expensive was sensational. The blend of Italian sensibilty with French farmhouse proteins was excellent. we will be back soon

• Visited July 2014