“I love Menton”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Boston, Massachusetts
“I love Menton”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I have been to Menton twice now. And that is praise indeed since we like to explore new places. The waiter remembered us from the last time. He was warm, friendly and excelled at his craft. The host was very nice and we enjoyed talking to him as he helped to serve us. In fact, the entire staff was wonderful. They really made our overall dining experience even more special. The food was phenomenal. They came out with four small amuse bouches. Each was a delight. For her meal my wife ordered the kampachi which thankfully she let me taste. I highly recommend it. I had the baby octopus, which was also very good but not as good as the kampachi. My wife then had the salmon and I had the monkfish - both were excellent but I have to say the salmon was a touch better. My wife then had the game hen and I had the venison - equally delicious and complex. My wife had the chocolate panino and I had the banana bread - both were a great way to end the meal. However, I did like her chocolate panino a bit more than the banana bread. Then afterwards they also give you bite size delights. At this point we were so full that we took them home. We love Menton and we will be back again soon.

• Visited February 2014

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Perfect.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

As soon as I found out that my husband's next work conference was in Boston, I knew we had to go to Menton. It had come highly recommended by a friend who lived in the area, and I also loved Chef Kristen Kish all the way through last season of Top Chef, so we went for Friday night dinner, which was coincidentally also my husband's birthday. Chef Kristen was not there (at a charity function) but they had a thoughtful note to give us from her, and they also allowed us to go back into the kitchen for a quick tour, which was a nice touch.
But more importantly, the food! So many delightful amuse bouches - they just kept coming, each more delicious than the last! Highlight for me was a wonderful game hen dish with brussels sprouts. Husband liked his kampachi with blood orange puree best. Definitely worth the cost and the service was impeccable.
Thanks for a very special night!

• Visited February 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Worth the splurge ”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food, service and presentation is excellent. I'm a sucker for great French food. They were very accommodating even when I was pregnant. We got the chef's tasting menu and they made substitutions for raw items. It's pricey but it won't disappoint and worth the splurge.

Boston
“A Special Place”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Menton is one of those special places where the food and atmosphere really distinguish them. It is more intimate than L'Espalier, and the level of service and quality of the food and it preparation is at an equal level. The prix fix menu offered a number of choices, and they even made us a special vegetarian menu for one of our group that was excellent. Between courses they kept coming back with different 'between course' amuse bouches which were excellent. Overall, extremely high quality food served with attention to detail and presentation and a great service staff. Definitely worth it for a special night out!

Visited December 2013
Needham
“Incredibly tiny food at incredibly giant prices”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If youre not hungry, and youre not paying for the meal, the sevice is pretty good. The portions were delicate at most. The prices were unbelievable: an extra $65 surcharge because i ordered steak that costs $30/lb at retail? Reallly? for two ounces of beef ? The menu, and the dishes, were certainly complicated, but all in miniature: one oujnce of soup, three ounces of beef. All handcrafted, presumably by people with little tiny hands annd excellent eyesight.
Could not recommend this place under any condition. Many better places, with equally complex menus, that are merely expensive are nearby

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Rooney10Boston

Been to Menton? Share your experiences!